Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jasper has left us.

Warren Scout

Default Jasper has left us.

Its with great sadness that Jaspers brave fight for last 2 years with his Thymoma came to an end on Saturday.

You read about his story here. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...oma-Update-P81

Right to end his spirit shone through and he was a very loving / bossy rabbit till the end, always giving me a friendly nip to keep me on my toes

When I visited the Balerno Sspca rescue centre back in 2010 Japser was licking me like mad the moment we met and I was told sometimes the rabbit picks the owner, and i am very lucky he picked me and we had 9 years together.

Jasper was incredibly brave in the last 2 years continually bouncing back from treatment and the multiple GA. After his chest surgery it broke my heart to see him looking with most of his fur missing, hunched in a very uncomfortable position and looking in a very sorry state but it proved to be the right choice for Jasper as he came back bright as ever and the treatment extend his life by about 2 years. Mysty was with him to end and was snuggled in beside him as he passed.

I must thank the great team at the Royal **** University Hospital ( small animal ) in Edinburgh for there amazing care and love they gave Jasper through his time there, and especially letting me visit Jasper daily for the weeks he stayed there.

Here are some of my fave pics of Jasper.

I am so very sad to read this

Run free Jasper x
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Oh bless him I am really sorry that he has passed away now. He was a very brave lad

RIP Jasper xx

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- Competent and compassionate Rabbit Savvy Vets in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Cases of Suspected and Confirmed RHD2 deaths are on the rise again. This highly respected FB page provides up to date, accurate and reliable information about disease outbreaks . The RWAF and some Vets contribute to the well run Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

Warren Veteran

I'm sorry you lost your very beautiful & exceptionally brave bunny. I'll be thinking of you & Mysty. Sweet dreams Jasper xx

Wise Old Thumper

I am really so very sorry to read this sad news about Jasper He was a wonderful, brave and beautiful rabbit and I'm so pleased that you and Mysty had an extra 2 years after he began his treatment.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

I’m so very sorry x

Wise Old Thumper

So sorry. xxx

I am very sorry to read this and having a small tear myself. Jasper was a beautiful, beautiful bunny, courageous and full of spirit and determination. The photos are a wonderful tribute to him and his life was blessed with your love and care. Binky free dear little Jasper. x

Iím so sorry thinking of you xx

Binky free Jasper xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

So sorry to hear about Jasper, what a very brave bunny. He obviously chose the right person to take him home, look after him when he was ill, and shower him with love through this life. Binky free beautiful brave Jasper xxxx
    [IMG][/IMG]