• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

very worried........

Have only just read this, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your little girl Daisy, my heart goes out to you Victoria such sad news

Victoria,

I am new to this group, and just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about the sad loss of your rabbit Daisy.

I know exactly how you must be feeling.

Carole

that was so quick , you obviously must be very shocked and upset . Do you have any idea what caused it ?? hopefully the vet could give you some answers . I don,t know what else to say , just that i,m so sorry to hear about this .

daisy had had quite alot of soft droppings so i took her to the vets who advised we gradually change her food from supa rabb excel to supreme science as it was too rich for her and not to give alot of greens etc. which we did & all was well. so i am still unsure as to what happened. i did ring emerg vets when i found her as i was worried about my other 3 buns. all are vaccinated. vets said they didnt think there was anything contagious.

sat night she was a little quiet but because we had changed her cage we thought she was a liitle stressed due to the change. earlier that afternoon she had been running around jumping over high boxes etc. so i cannot understand it. she had come on leaps & bounds as she was a severe cruelty case with rspca & was very aggressive always growling. but with patience she was really coming on. :(

its so hard because you always think what could i have done better/different and not knowing the exact cause makes it worse. however i did not want a post m.

sorry to waffle, just trying to understand it all XXXXXXXXX

Sorry to hear about Daisy that is very sad........

I know just how you feel I lost one of my Buns Heather in 2002 and then a year later in 2003 Holly died......I was sooo upset.....

Hang in there Victoria.
It is terrible to lose a pet (I lost Heidi-bun last month) but the one thing I had to learn quickly was that life is for the living. As sad as I was and as much as wanted to wait and grieve for a while, I had 9 other buns to after! They were so great at makeing me feel better. They wiggle into to you heart and there is nothing you can do about it.
I guess all we can do is cherish the time we have with them. Make everyday count.

Back