• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

very worried........

:(

hi everyone, just wondered if you could help me. my cashmere lop Daisy has a cage in our long hallway. she has had this cage for the past 20 mnths and we bought her a new one & set it up for her yesterday. it is even more roomy & we put her toys in, same water bottle, food bowl etc. but she seems really unhappy. she just lays in it of near it & has not wee'd or dropped pellets since last night.

is she stressed due to the change? will she come round to the new cage? or is it some thing more serious?

any thoughts would be fab xx

Rabbits can get stressed very easily. Maybe you want to put her back in her old cage, leave the other one out open so she can explore it in her own time. If she does not poo by tomorrow though you need to take her to a vet.
Vera

Oh my goodness, that was sudden :( I'm soooo sorry.

Thinking of you *hug*

~binky free wee Daisy, take our love to the spirit buns~

So sorry to hear that. My bunny Toby died within 36 hours from displaying the first symptoms (not eating) and I know how hard it is. Vera

cant stop crying at the moment. just cancelled petplan so feel bad. am taking her to my vets to be cremated.

thank you all for your support, this truly is a fab site. will have to learn how to add pictures of my babies xxx

Oh Victoria, I really do not know what to say, except so sorry to hear this news, and we are all thinking of you.
If we can help with anything at anytime you only have to ask.

Big Hug coming your way

Love Adele and all the Sanctuary rabbits

OMG so sorry to hear about Daisy, can't believe she went down hill so quickly!
My thoughts are with you.

We lost our Cashmere lop about 3 weeks ago, my OH and I rescued him from Bracknell Rescue, he had brain damage from being used as a baseball, we had him from sat- thurs and he was ok, but then on Friday night came down hard with pneumonia, and had to be pts on sat morning. We only had him a week, it is unbelievable how quickly rabbits can get sick.

oh poor poor you. i am so sorry to hear about Daisy, I had to put my Dubbs down yesterday afternoon so I know how you are feeling right now *hugs*

I bet Dubbs has found Daisy up at The Rainbow Bridge and they are running around with all the other little bunnies...maybe even boasting to each other about how wonderful their mums were eh? i hope so...

*sniff*
*hugs again*

:cry:

thanks jolene & lindac, im sorry you know how it feels. i wouldnt wish it on anyone. just feel very lost. i have 3 other buns to love but still each bun has their own personality & daisys was big.

hope you ae both doing ok, big hugs from me & mine xxxxxx

Back