Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too little too late. New here and in need of support.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBunnyNewbie View Post
    I’m sorry for your loss .

I know how you’re feeling ; my baby bunny died just a few days ago and the devastation is still raw .

Non rabbit owners don’t understand how much of a beloved pet they are.

You will feel better in a few days , it does get easier .
    Thank you for this, yes its been a few days now, and she was so different to any other rabbit. they are all unique. I do find people are less understand than when a cat or dog may have passed away. Rabbit are real characters and people do over look this, I did myself until I got my first Little Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Leannean27 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, even if your first visit here is under such sad circumstances

I would write down in a diary or notepad everything you can about her, her little quirks, the things she did that made you smile, laugh or even cross so that when time has healed some of your pain, because it really does

Rabbits are notoriously bad at showing pain, until sometimes it is too late. Please don't beat yourself up about it and just give your other buns extra cuddles and love x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Leannean27 for your message. Yes this is a good idea "I would write down in a diary or notepad everything you can about her, her little quirks, the things she did that made you smile, laugh" She used to bury her friend La-La under straw. Like people playing on the beach in the sand. Little Girl would cover every part of her in straw, while La-La just sat there

I know the tumour was large, but I never felt her stomach the same in depth way the vet did, he went really deep and felt her intensely. I would worry if I pulled something as I have no training. The tumour was internal, it was just my stupidity of three week before not realising the weight loss that related. I just thought she needed more sugary items. She still ate and drank, I was under the impression rabbits weren't in any pain if they ate happily, so brushed the weight loss as something to sort with more sugary contents. But you are very right they are bad at showing pain.