Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Enfys

Default Introducing Enfys

If you've been following my latest bonding thread, you may well already know this but it's time for proper introductions...

I got the best "birthday present" (not actually a birthday present, we just adopted her the day before) this year. A Blueberry Muffin... now renamed Enfys (pronounced En-viss).

We had decided to adopt another Honeybunny as our indoor group had become unsettled since losing our beloved Arce. OH wanted a lop in particular, so we considered the lop does that were available at that time.

Enfys has been at Honeybunnies for over a year, struggling to find the right home. She's a very muddled girl, prone to rearing and definitely has issues with fear aggression. In part, one of the main reasons we adopted her because of that - we were fully aware and fully warned about this by Jill. But we are honoured by the fact we have been entrusted to look after this very special little rabbit.

Enfys is an opal otter mini lop, an absolute dot, cute as a Button (her new nickname, already!), and looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She has adjusted to group life was surprisingly good grace. She is easily startled by the other rabbits, especially the other fear aggressive rabbit in it, Morningstar. This sometimes starts a few mad dashes around the bonding crate for all of them. However, she has settled pretty well with the rest of them and Yuki Winter in particular is especially fond of her (that boy has a lop-eared doe fetish!)

We are actually pretty surprised with some of her behaviours. She is endlessly curious, always periscoping and watching what is going on around her. Enfys is also a very proud little girl, absolutely fastidious with her grooming. Considering she used to grunt and lunge is other bunnies got near her at Honeybunnies, it's even more incredible to know that she has been giving and receiving grooms happily and enthusiastically. She has also even graced us with her very first dead bunny flop!

Enfys is a Welsh name, and it translates to the word "Rainbow" for those who don't know. Like Niji (Japanese for Rainbow) she was named in honour of Iris and Arce (the greek goddesses of the rainbows.)

I've finally been able to spend some time on a proper little photoshoot of this wee little lady. We hope she'll settle in time as part of the Wayward family and that her issues will resolve over time, so she can enjoy being a rabbit and life in general.

Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Gorgeous!she looks like she loves to pose.

Wise Old Thumper

She looks gorgeous What a wonderful birthday present.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Warren Veteran

she's very pretty. pleased she is coping so well

Thanks for the pics, she gorgeous and vet photogenic x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the madhouse
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

She is beautiful I’m so pleased she is settling so well

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

She's beautiful ❤️❤️❤️ I especially love that flop in the last picture

It sounds like she's come a long way already. Sending millions of vibes that the bond continues to go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

I hope that she will settle in well. She is very cute

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- Competent and compassionate Rabbit Savvy Vets in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Two Californian X Rescues in Need of their forever home, can you be their Special Human ?
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-Californian-X

Aww bless her. What a lovely photo shoot. She is so pretty. Wonderful that the bonding is going so well.