Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit nappies and wee scold ?

Thank you MightyMax, great advice about the bleach and the litter trays, I need to get them back on the fibre first sticks and readigrass xxx

Quote Originally Posted by whiskers1 View Post
    Thank you MightyMax, great advice about the bleach and the litter trays, I need to get them back on the fibre first sticks and readigrass xxx

You're welcome xx

It is always good to have a diagnosis. As someone who has cared for two disabled bunnies; I know how dedicated you are to Honey and how lucky she is to have you. Your idea to begin some physical therapy on Honey is a good one and something I wish I knew almost 20 years ago when my first disabled bunny lost the use of his hind leg.
    Sending you many positive vibes for you and Honey.

Thank you, sorry for late reply the medications she is on don’t seem to have an affect, she’s just had a bath and now she’s on her bum shuffling around, I feel like she’s my first born. Xx

Update on Honey she is definate for E cuniculi the CT scan didn’t show anything, I have to try and get a wee sample so kidneys can be checked, how do I do that? X

Update on Honey she is definate for E cuniculi the CT scan didnít show anything, I have to try and get a wee sample so kidneys can be checked, how do I do that? X

If you want to get a urine sample, the vet can express her bladder, but of course if she's just had a pee that won't provide anything.

You can put a litter tray with only hay in it and then when she wees get a syringe and pull the urine up into it. Keep it in the fridge till you can get it to the vet (as soon as possible).

For kidney function though, a blood test would be better. Did the vet suggest that?

Hi Mighty Max, they took blood samples but they weren’t able to get a urine sample, it would of been easier if they were able to, I have to get more loxicom tomorrow, there doesn’t seem to be an improvement in her back legs as far as I can see she uses her front legs to move around more. I’ve just given her another bath and her appetite is brilliant she’s pooping loads, I keep praying for her. Xx

Hi Mighty Max, they took blood samples but they werenít able to get a urine sample, it would of been easier if they were able to, I have to get more loxicom tomorrow, there doesnít seem to be an improvement in her back legs as far as I can see she uses her front legs to move around more. Iíve just given her another bath and her appetite is brilliant sheís pooping loads, I keep praying for her. Xx

If a vet can't get a urine sample conscious, they can sedate and get one via a needle called Cystocentesis.
    This would be a last resort so have a go at perhaps encouraging her to drink (and pee) with a bit of apple juice in the water.

http://www.greendale.co.uk/rabbit_urinalysis.html

Glad you managed to get a urine sample

Hi Mighty Max, I didn't think I would be able to, then I picked Honey up to give her a bath then she just done a wee allover the floor so I got 2 spoons and managed to salvage and scoop into a sample pot hope fully the result are back soon, Im taking her to the vets again today at 5pm I just need help with he, Im worried about her poos they are to small, and she is losing more fur due to the scald. Im worried incase they advise putting her to sleep, I don't want her to get worse and suffer but if she has a chance of fighting it and having a good quality of life. I was researching old threads on the site and I came across a post from a few years ago and some rabbits had been to see a lady called Caroline who did acupuncture on poorly bunnies and they had recovered well so I replied to the old thread but the admin had reposted it as a new thread. x