Thread: Having a BBQ... How to keep the rabbits happy?

Default Having a BBQ... How to keep the rabbits happy?

Hi all,

Having a BBQ tonight, hoping it won't be too Smoky - but obviously it may be. What's the best way to keep the rabbits happy?

I am thinking of putting a curtain round the run to stop any of the "bad" air getting in, but also, as most of the smoke/heat rises hope it won't cause too many issues.

Will of course do this at the back-end of the garden which is a fair bit away from their run/hutch,

Googling this just tells me how to cook rabbit, which I obviously am not trying to do...!

Cheers for any tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrules334 View Post
    Hi all,

Having a BBQ tonight, hoping it won't be too Smoky - but obviously it may be. What's the best way to keep the rabbits happy?

I am thinking of putting a curtain round the run to stop any of the "bad" air getting in, but also, as most of the smoke/heat rises hope it won't cause too many issues.

Will of course do this at the back-end of the garden which is a fair bit away from their run/hutch,

Googling this just tells me how to cook rabbit, which I obviously am not trying to do...!

Cheers for any tips!
    Oh wow I don't have much advice other than keep them as far away as possible , the curtain could be a good idea as long as it's not going to make them too warm. Our neighbours had a BBQ yesterday afternoon, the smell was too much for me I had to go inside but the rabbits couldn't care in the slightest which I was quite surprised about
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Both my neighbours had bbq's yesterday, I couldn't tell if it upset mine or not but I did bring them in (they are house bunnies anyway) . I think covering the run could work if its fabric. Maybe dampen it & pop it in the freezer first . I have a feeling damp things might absorb more smell than let it pass through but its only a hunch, I know nothing of these things

I hope you have a great night

www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix