• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fitch out of stock(ish) and up in price! Any alternatives?

I panic-bought some megazorb and it's a lot worse than I remember it being.. I'm not sticking with it. I'm going to give Aubiose a try next and see how that goes.
I remember a lot of people complaining about the smell when I first bought megazorb a few years back but I never had a problem with it. However this bag smells awful, almost mouldy. It's also quite dusty though strangely hasn't given Lunar any problems with sneezing this time around. However it's quite messy (especially for Lunar as she will not keep litter in her tray anymore :( ) and it's getting stuck in Snowflake and Honey's 'skirts' and annoying them.

Just litter trays.. Well, at least that's where I put it. It often ends up on the floor anyway :roll:
Why don't you use pellets instead? I use the back 2 nature ones, normally get the 30kg bags cheaper on amazon than they're supposed to be :) that or certain types of cat litter would be even cheaper I'd think

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Why don't you use pellets instead? I use the back 2 nature ones, normally get the 30kg bags cheaper on amazon than they're supposed to be :) that or certain types of cat litter would be even cheaper I'd think

Yes, I use wood pellet cat litter and it’s very absorbent. You can buy it as horse bedding too which can be cheaper. You can use it as it is (I use it for Frosty like this) or dampened slightly too (I use it for the goats like that)

[/B]

I'd be interested to know too, if you get a reply. I'm currently deciding what to do as the 10kg bag I had to get instead is nearly gone x

So as it stands I’ve still not had a reply from the company that sell Fitch as to when to expect the 20kg size back in stock.

Plus 2 of my buns have decided that carefresh is good enough to eat :shock: I’m not impressed with the absorbency of the carefresh and the fact that the buns are nibbling it worries me.

Looks like a 10kg bag of Fitch it is then :roll:

I always use Back 2 Nature in the toilet areas of the hamster cage, and also in the guinea pig litter tray now too.

So as it stands I’ve still not had a reply from the company that sell Fitch as to when to expect the 20kg size back in stock.

Plus 2 of my buns have decided that carefresh is good enough to eat :shock: I’m not impressed with the absorbency of the carefresh and the fact that the buns are nibbling it worries me.

Doesn't sound promising :(

I'm so glad I found all the cardboard squares litter I forgot I had. I only need something soft for the bed.

Thanks Steph. Not very good customer service to not even respond.

I looked at alternatives but couldn't decide, so I have ordered another 10kg too, but I degrudge paying almost as much as for the 20kg.

I noticed they seem to be going more for the buy smaller packs with food included option, which I don't need x

I purchased megazorb instead. I can't afford to be paying £27 for 20kg.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We've decided to give Aubiose a try but I can already see Mylo dragging it all over the house :lol: If we don't like it then wood cat litter will be our next option.

We've decided to give Aubiose a try but I can already see Mylo dragging it all over the house :lol: If we don't like it then wood cat litter will be our next option.

Been told that there's been a fire either at Auboise's storage or manufacturing place and that there's a short supply of it. You might need to do some hunting around for it.

Burlybed is sort of the same thing but not sure if that's affected as well.

Been told that there's been a fire either at Auboise's storage or manufacturing place and that there's a short supply of it. You might need to do some hunting around for it.

Burlybed is sort of the same thing but not sure if that's affected as well.

We already have a bale, I only opened it yesterday :) Hopefully it'll last a while before we need more.

We already have a bale, I only opened it yesterday :) Hopefully it'll last a while before we need more.
What does it look like? Is it smaller than fitch? Almost like Megazorb? Also does it have a smell? [emoji38]

It's not really like fitch or megazorb, to me it kind of looks like small wood chips. Didn't notice any smell either. I didn't have enough fitch left when doing the litter trays so had to use half fitch and half aubiose. No mess yet but when it's all aubiose I can just imagine it ending up everywhere, especially with my little scruffs :lol:

aubiose-bedding-404-p.jpg

It's not really like fitch or megazorb, to me it kind of looks like small wood chips. Didn't notice any smell either. I didn't have enough fitch left when doing the litter trays so had to use half fitch and half aubiose. No mess yet but when it's all aubiose I can just imagine it ending up everywhere, especially with my little scruffs [emoji38]

aubiose-bedding-404-p.jpg
Ah that's interesting cheers for picture! Is it soft?

Hi Steph, I wouldn't bother with this tbh. I ordered some when I was looking for an alternative and spent £25 for 85 litres on Amazon. I know they say it expands, but it was such a small package, I was a bit shocked and so sent it back. Im prepared to be proved wrong though x
Agree 100%! It's just like carefresh... That's compressed sure... But its still mad pricey for the amount you get compared to fitch

Hi Steph, I wouldn't bother with this tbh. I ordered some when I was looking for an alternative and spent £25 for 85 litres on Amazon. I know they say it expands, but it was such a small package, I was a bit shocked and so sent it back. Im prepared to be proved wrong though x

Agree 100%! It's just like carefresh... That's compressed sure... But its still mad pricey for the amount you get compared to fitch

Dammit, thanks guys! The hunt continues... :lol:

Back