Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fitch out of stock(ish) and up in price! Any alternatives?

So it would seem the price of Fitch is on the rise again 20kgs still out of stock (and have been for what seems like forever)

10kg bales have gone from £17.80 to £22 a bale! considering 20kg bales used to be £21 around the beginning of last year I think half the amount now for the same price is ridiculous.

That’s me out anyway, I won’t continue to keep buying from this greedy company.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph2790 View Post
    So it would seem the price of Fitch is on the rise again 20kgs still out of stock (and have been for what seems like forever)

10kg bales have gone from £17.80 to £22 a bale! considering 20kg bales used to be £21 around the beginning of last year I think half the amount now for the same price is ridiculous.

Thatís me out anyway, I wonít continue to keep buying from this greedy company.
    Yea I'm not buying it anymore, also its all in small packs now and I think to get roughly 20kg costs about £40 now? Haven't checked in a bit, as I decided I wouldn't be buying it anymore

Greedy greedy greedy bast#rds. Terrible company.

I'm still using up my supplies of cardboard squares for the hamster cage, sand in a jar for his toilet, and for his bed, ripped up kitchen roll. I'll have to buy some more cardboard bedding, if the Fitch prices are still sky high.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Basil hamster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    I'm still using up my supplies of cardboard squares for the hamster cage, sand in a jar for his toilet, and for his bed, ripped up kitchen roll. I'll have to buy some more cardboard bedding, if the Fitch prices are still sky high.
    Yeaa I'm buying the tiny friends farm bedding now, as I can't get carefresh either..

What cardboard squares do you use? Are they absorbant, and odour controlling?

My syrian is on cardboard mixed with wood cat litter pellets as I don't think the cardboard is good enough at controlling his odour, he does exclusively use his sand bath as a toilet now though so that's a positive.

My robo loves to dig and tunnel, so really likes the soft paper bedding stuff, not sure she'd like cardboard tbh plus she does use her sand bath as a bathroom, but she kinda goes everywhere.. Might just be because she's ancient Idk

They both have ripped up toilet paper to nest in, as they both really like it

I'm really annoyed by the whole fitch thing tbh seems ridiculous, I wonder how many customers he'll lose.

The cardboard squares I'm using don't have a brand name on them. I got them from a farm shop. I hope they'll have more when I go back! They aren't absorbent, and I'd never want to use them in a toilet area. They're not soft and nice to burrow in, so I think the Fitch is way nicer, but... I think it's an OK alternative.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Basil hamster

What cages do you guys have? I've opted for the Omlet Eglu Go hutch for my rabbits, after having a number of wooden ones that kept rotting away or breaking!

Also I can't believe the price of that hay @graciee!! I pay £6.95 for a 20kg bale of hay which is dust free and very good quality

Quote Originally Posted by SREwaller View Post
    What cages do you guys have? I've opted for the Omlet Eglu Go hutch for my rabbits, after having a number of wooden ones that kept rotting away or breaking!

Also I can't believe the price of that hay @graciee!! I pay £6.95 for a 20kg bale of hay which is dust free and very good quality
    I have a 6 foot indoor cage which the doors are always open to, it's just for all the hay to be contained etc, outside ones have a hutch and run, I also have outdoor pens that are pretty huge.

That wasn't for hay, it was for my hamsters bedding.

I get my hay from Timothyhay.co.uk and dust free hay, that's not super cheap hay either though but for the quality and how much my buns adore it, I'll always buy it

oh okay!

I love the look of your bunnies!