• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fitch out of stock(ish) and up in price! Any alternatives?

Anyone used finacard? (not sure that's spelt right). It's like fitch but more cardboard like.

We don't get on with the megazorb.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Anyone used finacard? (not sure that's spelt right). It's like fitch but more cardboard like.

We don't get on with the megazorb.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Oooo no... I haven't... But I will be googling immediately to have a look :D

Yea Megazorb smells funny to me

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I used to use Finacard years ago. It's not absorbent enough for toilety areas and it works out quite expensive. It's fine for other areas though.

Finacard is very similar to what I'm using in the hamster cage (cardboard squares). I use Back 2 Nature in the areas where he wees.

Finacard is very similar to what I'm using in the hamster cage (cardboard squares). I use Back 2 Nature in the areas where he wees.
Gus has the eco nest cardboard, he wees everywhere and everything else gets stuck in his coat so I've given up [emoji38] he gets a full clean once a week and his wheel cleaned daily that's all now

Gus has the eco nest cardboard, he wees everywhere and everything else gets stuck in his coat so I've given up [emoji38] he gets a full clean once a week and his wheel cleaned daily that's all now

Harry is a bit bad for weeing everywhere, although he's better now he's older. You'd think it was the other way around! He has a little igloo thing that we call his 'indoor bog'. :lol:

Harry is a bit bad for weeing everywhere, although he's better now he's older. You'd think it was the other way around! He has a little igloo thing that we call his 'indoor bog'. [emoji38]
Hahahaha love it!

Okay so I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to the hemp bedding I've been buying so looks like ima have to go back to buying fitch :/

So it would seem the price of Fitch is on the rise again :shock: 20kgs still out of stock (and have been for what seems like forever)

10kg bales have gone from £17.80 to £22 a bale! :roll: considering 20kg bales used to be £21 around the beginning of last year I think half the amount now for the same price is ridiculous.

That’s me out anyway, I won’t continue to keep buying from this greedy company.

So it would seem the price of Fitch is on the rise again :shock: 20kgs still out of stock (and have been for what seems like forever)

10kg bales have gone from £17.80 to £22 a bale! :roll: considering 20kg bales used to be £21 around the beginning of last year I think half the amount now for the same price is ridiculous.

That’s me out anyway, I won’t continue to keep buying from this greedy company.
Yea I'm not buying it anymore, also its all in small packs now and I think to get roughly 20kg costs about £40 now? Haven't checked in a bit, as I decided I wouldn't be buying it anymore

I'm still using up my supplies of cardboard squares for the hamster cage, sand in a jar for his toilet, and for his bed, ripped up kitchen roll. I'll have to buy some more cardboard bedding, if the Fitch prices are still sky high.

I'm still using up my supplies of cardboard squares for the hamster cage, sand in a jar for his toilet, and for his bed, ripped up kitchen roll. I'll have to buy some more cardboard bedding, if the Fitch prices are still sky high.

Yeaa I'm buying the tiny friends farm bedding now, as I can't get carefresh either..

What cardboard squares do you use? Are they absorbant, and odour controlling?

My syrian is on cardboard mixed with wood cat litter pellets as I don't think the cardboard is good enough at controlling his odour, he does exclusively use his sand bath as a toilet now though so that's a positive.

My robo loves to dig and tunnel, so really likes the soft paper bedding stuff, not sure she'd like cardboard tbh [emoji38] plus she does use her sand bath as a bathroom, but she kinda goes everywhere.. Might just be because she's ancient Idk [emoji38]

They both have ripped up toilet paper to nest in, as they both really like it :)

I'm really annoyed by the whole fitch thing tbh seems ridiculous, I wonder how many customers he'll lose.

The cardboard squares I'm using don't have a brand name on them. I got them from a farm shop. I hope they'll have more when I go back! They aren't absorbent, and I'd never want to use them in a toilet area. They're not soft and nice to burrow in, so I think the Fitch is way nicer, but... I think it's an OK alternative.

What cages do you guys have? I've opted for the Omlet Eglu Go hutch for my rabbits, after having a number of wooden ones that kept rotting away or breaking!

Also I can't believe the price of that hay @graciee!! I pay £6.95 for a 20kg bale of hay which is dust free and very good quality

What cages do you guys have? I've opted for the Omlet Eglu Go hutch for my rabbits, after having a number of wooden ones that kept rotting away or breaking!

Also I can't believe the price of that hay @graciee!! I pay £6.95 for a 20kg bale of hay which is dust free and very good quality
I have a 6 foot indoor cage which the doors are always open to, it's just for all the hay to be contained etc, outside ones have a hutch and run, I also have outdoor pens that are pretty huge.

That wasn't for hay, it was for my hamsters bedding.

I get my hay from Timothyhay.co.uk and dust free hay, that's not super cheap hay either though [emoji38] but for the quality and how much my buns adore it, I'll always buy it :)

Back