• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gus got a new home (hamster)

Graciee

Staff member
Had him here two weeks today and finally got around to building his new cage :)
984dd68248ffd86d772ae21e58b050cb.jpg
861c67e8f9ca231e544213608752bedf.jpg
9cdcda349312a6c172c210de4dc0efde.jpg
1000f10c041ce60780fefa3ad82cc349.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Gus is lovely and his house is amazing. Love his little rainbow bridge :love:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

he's simply adorable!! what tank is that if you don't mind me asking? (if you know/have a link that is!!)
Thanks everyone, I've really fallen for him [emoji7] still too scared to pick him up tho, but he's getting used to accepting food from me [emoji38]

One question - he's on his wheel rn and it's making a noise, it's not the wheel tho, I think it's one of his nails hitting it as he runs? It's pretty loud, can I do anything about this?

Also I don't have a link but it's made by skyline :) they have different sizes, this ones the 100 I think I didn't order it, would've liked it a tad bigger but this works for now :) x

I had one hamster whose nails grew longer than any others I had.I used to have to trim them,he was hand tamed though,I used nail clippers,not easy as they rarely stay still.

I had one hamster whose nails grew longer than any others I had.I used to have to trim them,he was hand tamed though,I used nail clippers,not easy as they rarely stay still.
Yea I had a look last night by making him beg for food, all of them look fine except one or two on his rear foot... They aren't crazy long tho...

I've booked him in for a vet nurse to clip them later when I go pick up some bunny meds.. Feel a bit mean handing over my deadly hamster to the poor nurse, but not sure what else I can do really [emoji32]

I had a Syrian with long nails once too. I eventually found a vet nurse that easily snipped them off. Some things are definitely beyond my capabilities! :D

It's easier if you have a cage with bars,I made him climb up a bit for treats then snipped his nails as he held on to the bars.

It's easier if you have a cage with bars,I made him climb up a bit for treats then snipped his nails as he held on to the bars.
Ah yes that's out now [emoji38] I think it's literally one nail on his back left leg... Hopefully the vets can sort it out, gotta go there later anyway, otherwise not sure I'd go just for one nail [emoji38][emoji38]

thank you! I'll be keeping that brand name in mind :)
Yea :) it seems really well made tbh was a bit of a pain to put together but once it was done it looked good :) Gus seems happy with it [emoji38]

Had his nails clipped and he didn't bite anyone, very proud of him [emoji38]

Back