• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Royal babies on the way - Meghan is pregnant! Help!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Meghan is very pregnant. Looking at around 5 days tops.
I've never done this before so I need as much advice as possible.
Help help help help help :shock::lol:

Oh crikey, are your parents OK about this? I think the link that Jane's posted is very informative.

Poor Meghan :( I bet the previous owners were aware.

It is certainly looking that way. I saw heartbeats on the scanner and I could feel them moving around :shock:
I hope she is a good mama, i'm very scared that i'm going to let these little ones down.

It is certainly looking that way. I saw heartbeats on the scanner and I could feel them moving around :shock:
I hope she is a good mama, i'm very scared that i'm going to let these little ones down.

You wont, I am sure of that. You'll do your very best for them, which is all any of us can do when we find ourselves in an unexpected situation with Bunnies x

You've got the support of the Forum behind you. So much combined experience here :)

Aww bless Meghan & you. I hope she's a good mummy too. Thank goodness she got rescued rather than having to give birth in that hutch where no doubt she'd get pregnant straight away - you've saved her big style. I hope its as stress free as possible & turns out to be a rewarding experience for Meghan & you. Could they tell how many kits she is expecting? Is she still abe to have the ringworm treatment?

This is true! I'm also speaking to 2 rescues and one wonderful and very bunny savvy lady that runs a small rescue of her own. I couldn't ask for much else.
My vets have also been wonderful also. We went twice today, once with the buns and again with my old man Gerbil for an ear infection or potentional brain tumour :( They spent so much time with me but wavered both consulation fees and gave me a reduced rate on Filavac. So grateful.

Aww bless Meghan & you. I hope she's a good mummy too. Thank goodness she got rescued rather than having to give birth in that hutch where no doubt she'd get pregnant straight away - you've saved her big style. I hope its as stress free as possible & turns out to be a rewarding experience for Meghan & you. Could they tell how many kits she is expecting? Is she still abe to have the ringworm treatment?

It will be an experience that's for sure! We decided to hold off on Panacur for now but she did get vaccinated today. I did a lot of research last night, asked on the RHD2 fb group etc. My vet also spoke to the other vets at the surgery before going ahead. Hope I've done the right thing!

I'm sure it'll go fine! The experience of birth and raising baby animals is so much fun and excitement! And in the mean time while she's pregnant it'll be cool researching and preparing. Good luck :)

having the rhd done now was good, I know once they have the babies it isn't recommended. but now she should (perhaps) pass on a bit of immunity to the babies until they can be vaccinated.

sending plenty of vibes for you!

I hope she's a good mum and they survive :cry: Do I just leave her be? It looks like there's around 4 or 5? I don't want to get too involved if I don't have to.

Back