• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Royal babies on the way - Meghan is pregnant! Help!

I didn't even have time to put a nesting box in :roll: She's had them in her litter tray which is an underbed storage box. Is this ok or do I need to move them???

I didn't even have time to put a nesting box in :roll: She's had them in her litter tray which is an underbed storage box. Is this ok or do I need to move them???

I would leave them where they are. If the litter tray is in an exposed place can you make it less so. If you see what I mean.

I hope she's a good mum and they survive :cry: Do I just leave her be? It looks like there's around 4 or 5? I don't want to get too involved if I don't have to.

Just leave the Kits alone for now. Just keep a look out for any she may scatter about rather than having them in her nest.

Sending lots of vibes for them, and hugs for you. Thank goodness she is safe with you!

Hi, just catching up on this thread, I’d agree with the others and leave them, just check that they are still in there each day. I took on a rescue bunny and she had babies, I found a couple outside the nest a few times, one was dead but the other survived. Thanks for taking these on (saw the pics on Fb) and good luck. Xx

Also sending loads of vibes. I'm sure you'll do fine :love:

It really doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened if you hadn't rescued them :(

How exciting :love: I know you haven't had much time to research and prepare but the vast majority of the time mamma bun will sort them out absolutely fine. I'd leave them where they are (unless the litter tray was really soiled) and give mum another one. For now just keep an eye on things and make sure mum is getting plenty of food and greens for calcium, she needs more than a non-lactating bunny of her size at the moment

I've just had a little look and we have 5 babies. All wriggling at the moment :)

:love: How precious. I'm so glad they're safe.

When I first read the thread title, I wondered a: how you got information regarding the royal family such as that. b. why it was something YOU needed help with.

Then I remembered you had rescued Meghan and Harry and named them after the duke and duchess. :oops:

What a lucky bunnies that they found you in the nick of time, it’s not worth thinking about if they hadn’t been rescued. I hope all of the babies do well. I am fostering a little family at the moment and took on three babies when they were 9 days old. Fairly stressful at the start but so rewarding at the same time. They are now just over 4 weeks and are so much fun.

If you don't see mum feeding and you leave them alone, how do I know they are being fed?
I know it sounds stupid but how will I know if they have full bellies?!

Haha yes she is definitely ignoring him... but what if she actually doesn't feed them? Will I know?

A well fed baby will have a distended tummy. If she's not feeding then their skin will be wrinkled and they will be weak.

It's highly unlikely that she isn't doing the job properly if you've seen them wriggling around :)

If you feel it is necessary to examine the babies every day to verify that they have been fed, pet the mother rabbit first, to help cover human scents, and avoid wearing heavy perfumes when handling the babies. It is best to handle the babies as little as possible until they are old enough to leave the nest box on their own.

Back