• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stopping the boys becoming hot cross buns

zarathustra

Warren Scout
So, this is the first summer our boys have experienced, they are outside rabbits and while their hutch is positioned in such away there is never direct sunshine through the door, so it helps to keep them cool.

I’ve not noticed any signs that they might be getting too warm, they both seem fine within themselves, no unusual toilet habits, no problems scoffing, and while they are drinking more than they do when it’s cooler, they’re not drinking so much more that it is causing me concern.

Is there anything else that we can do to help keep them cool, my other half showed me a thing on Facebook where people freeze bottles of water and put them in the hutch.

I think this would be fine when they’re playing, but I have concerns about the size of the bottle taking up too much space in their hutch, and condensation causing damp etc.

They will be getting a runaround run which will be connected to their hutch so they’ll soon have more options to find cool places to sit etc.

I was just wondering what methods people use to keep outdoor rabbits nice and cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the RWA has tips if you Google them. You can use those car reflector sheets for the top of the hutch or a white sheet.

I use frozen water bottles, frozen ice pods and towels put in the freezer. I wet their ears when it's really hot. My buns are indoors so I have fan and air con unit

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back