• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit lying with back legs outstretched (new owner)

slamality

New Kit
Hi, new rabbit owner here. My girlfriend is getting a little worried so figured I'd ask. Today he's been lying down with his back legs outstretched. We've had our bunny almost 2 weeks and this is the first day we've noticed him lounging like this. He's having random spurts of normal activity but doing this in between. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome to RU. Its a common comfy bunny position. If you're in the UK it might be he's warmer than usual & so stretching out will cool him down. Here's my bunnies doing the sploof :lol:
IhRKXzem.jpg

Loobers (a member on here) has Toby rabbit, he has a PHD in sploofing

Yes Toby has a respected PHD in Sploofing. He is reconised for his ground breaking research into the "Y sploof"

0ec0a4f30829823a2b45e70f576d1202.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We call it the chicken too. Boogie's favourite position
f3db7163aa9a2e58e8c41fc89c335520.jpg

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Yes, nothing to worry about. Prepare yourself for the shock of a good DBF (Dead Bunny Flop) when they are completely on their side, completely relaxed. Ive had to check for breathing a few times!

Yes, nothing to worry about. Prepare yourself for the shock of a good DBF (Dead Bunny Flop) when they are completely on their side, completely relaxed. Ive had to check for breathing a few times!

This! Major cause of heart palpitations in bunny owners. ;)

Ted's lovely, and a very good Y sploofer too, has Toby been giving lessons?....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I saw a wildie sploofin' in the sun today. It was such a beautiful sploof it brought tears to my eyes!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back