• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor setup ideas for a mature disabled bunny

whiskers1

New Kit
Hi everyone Im new on here, I have two mature indoor free range rabbits and one of them (Honey) has a problem with her back leg, were not sure what it is yet but she is having a CT scan in two weeks, but she has maybe muscle wastage in her right hind leg and she is dragging her foot, so Ive changed both of their crates because I don't like the idea of her dragging her foot over the step bit, I've tried to bolt cut it but Im not strong enough to do it, and Ive changed their underbed storage container that was used as their toilet and food now to a potting tray to make it easier for Honey to get in and out, I have to separate them sometimes beacause the other rabbit is dominate with food and she nips Honey, so I need ideas for indoor rabbit setups that can accommodate a disabled rabbit, Ive now changed it to cc panels but Im not sure.

many thanks Emma xxx

My indoor rabbits live in the dining room. They have underbed storage boxes as litter trays and cardboard boxes with no bases as bedrooms/hiding spaces. Potting trays are a great idea.

My mini lop had mobility problems and I gave him vetbed to lie on which he loved (rip Mottle).

My current house rabbits

osriv6.jpg

w03y93.jpg

Thank you for your help, I managed to figure out how to adapt their home, I turned the crate upside down and I managed to saw the step bit which was smaller than the right way round and I sawed through the lip bit of the potting trays . X

Back