Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plumpkin, Bea and Mr. Hamo

Lovely picture. They do look contented.

Warren Veteran

Wahey, all good. Fingers crossed it continues. They look gorgeous together

Warren Scout

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone <3 I'm pleased to say that they're all living in harmony now - I have even seen Bea grooming Plumpkin which is huge progress! This is everything I've ever wanted for her and it's so lovely to see her running around and snuggling with the other two

The only thing that concerns me is she is still a much slower eater than Ham & Bea. In the morning I have to supervise her veg bowl and keep the others away because she seriously takes 20 minutes longer to eat hers. I am similarly concerned about the FibaFirst sticks because the other two keep trying to nick them. Does anyone else have a bun with special dietry requirements, and if so how do you make sure he/she is getting what they need in a bonded pair/trio/quad etc?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    Thank you so much for the kind words everyone <3 I'm pleased to say that they're all living in harmony now - I have even seen Bea grooming Plumpkin which is huge progress! This is everything I've ever wanted for her and it's so lovely to see her running around and snuggling with the other two

The only thing that concerns me is she is still a much slower eater than Ham & Bea. In the morning I have to supervise her veg bowl and keep the others away because she seriously takes 20 minutes longer to eat hers. I am similarly concerned about the FibaFirst sticks because the other two keep trying to nick them. Does anyone else have a bun with special dietry requirements, and if so how do you make sure he/she is getting what they need in a bonded pair/trio/quad etc?
    I'm so happy for you & your buns, especially Plumpkin. Congratulations on nailing a trio bond in a relatively short period of time. I think the only option is to separate once or twice a day to give Plumpkin extras . If Bea catches on & gets jealous I would give her a tiny bit of whatever Plumkin has had when they go back in together. Obviously rabbit are far from stupid & will smell foods on each other

Luna currently receives a different diet to Ralph and she's also a relatively slow eater.

I tend to get their daily rations ready then give both some pellets in separate piles, Ralph gets slightly more so Luna's finished hers before he's guzzled his down and is on the prowl for hers.

I have the luxury at the moment of being off work so throughout the day I'll pop a few more to her whilst he's lay down somewhere.

At the end of the day Ralph usually gets the rest of his and Luna in theory doesn't have much left of her daily intake to eat.

It works for me as Luna seems to have gusto at the start then gets bored and wants to run around like a loony so she suits smaller portions throughout the day

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

Thank you for the advice joey&boo and Leannean27, that's honestly so helpful. I think that another thing is Plumpkin hasn't been used to having competition for her food, so when that hits home I hope she'll speed up a little bit and have more of a 'survival' instinct!

This morning she took a big piece of kale out of her bowl and I thought she was going to run off with it to eat it in private, but instead she took it over to Hamilton to share it with him, Lady and the Tramp style She just has a big heart!

20180630_205924 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Elphie (and Arce, before her passing) both got/get fed an additional meal and/or additional treats throughout the day because of slow eating. Would normally just isolate them for half hour or so to give them time to eat in peace.

Your trio looks lovely.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Congratulations on your trio!! They look very happy together. xx