Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumpkin, Bea and Mr. Hamo

Alpha Buck

Default Plumpkin, Bea and Mr. Hamo

I thought everyone might be interested to know that I started bonding my trio yesterday! We were off to a bit of a rocky start with Beatrice showing aggression to Plumps and pulling her fur out (Beatrice is in love with Hamilton and I know she is protective of him as her 'property'), but it is day 2 now and Beatrice has mellowed and is behaving more curiously around her. Mr. Hamo is the most sweet natured boy in the world and just wanted to show Plumps affection from the start.

Poor Plumpkin is a timid girl - timid with humans and bunnies alike. I think it will take her a while to grow her confidence and not just run away from both Hamilton and Beatrice when she is approached, even if there is no aggression in their approach.

My biggest concern is actually about food, because she is still a SLOW eater and is still underweight. Having competition could mean she doesn't get her share. But ultimately, I think that once they've all settled down she will start to feel more comfortable in her own skin and be more assertive in her place within the group.

She is a complete angel and I know that they will make a happy trio in the end.

P.S. sorry I haven't been on here much recently or replied to messages about Ham's recent bloat, I was feeling overwhelmed by the constant vet bills and fretting over their health so decided to take a step back a little bit.

Fingers crossed for the bond for you all. Thatís understandable, donít forget we are an understanding lot though so you could always vent to us

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Alpha Buck

Thank you Zoobec <3 Yes absolutely - everyone is so supportive on here and I honestly don't think I could have managed being a first time rabbit owner without the knowledge and support of you lovely RU people!

This all sounds really positive and don't worry -there are lots of understanding RU ers that know how worrying and stressful poorly bunnies are and all deal with it in their own way. There should be no judgement. Continued good luck with your bonding. X

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

They will get along fine. Just give them some time. We had two females last year at first they both were nibbing n fighting. Which went on for 4/5 days. We were forced to keep one of them always inside the hutch. But after some time they both started bonding n playing together. So even if it's a rocky start they will get along eventually. Just be the loving parent that u r. Lots of love to the trio.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Good luck with your trio. I’m sure they will all settle down soon and will become best friends. As you know, I’m bonding my first trio at the moment and it’s so stressful and tiring but it will be worth it afterwards I’m sure. Are you regretting choosing the hottest week ever to bond?!

Ooo excited to hear you've took the plunge with your trio. I'm super jealous of all this trio bonding going on atm!

Don't apologise for not being on here much etc sometimes you just need to get on with whatever and allow your head to clear a little x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Alpha Buck

Thank you so much everyone, you're all so kind and lovely! <3 Nikki26 haha yes it is ridiculously hot, although it has made my bunnies sleepier and therefore less inclined to quibble, which is a plus

IMG-20180627-WA0003 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Today is day 3 and things are going well. The buns are all snuggling for the first time (well, this is the closest that Beatrice (black nethie) has come to snuggling Plumpkin (big white fluff ball) so far They seem to like Plumpkin's old hutch which is where they're all hanging out at the minute.

I am so happy for you, they all look content in each others presence even if there is no major love going on right now and it's only day 3. I think your in to a winner here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Default Plumpkin, Bea and Mr. Hamo

Aww they do look really happy and relaxed together ❤️❤️❤️ I see Beatrice is so chilled she's fallen asleep in the bog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer