• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White Pus Spots

jewels26301

Young Bun
My Buck,
Who was Castrated about 4-5 weeks ago has got 2 small white/yellow pus spots between his Willie and bum...

They are only small like the ones you'd find on your face...

Am i paranoid or does he need to see a vet?

Also is it safe now to put him with my un-neutered Doe? i think he needs bunny company..and is getting bored

My boy worried the wound and got an abcess there on one "testicle" when he was done - the vets put him on antibiotics and cleaned it out when it pointed (looked like a large human spot). If you are concerned I would take him back for a check up just in case.

If it has been 4-5 weeks you should be alright but while you are at the vets you could ask then if it is safe especially if he is a bit sore still he might need to heal a bit more before the jumping and mock humping of the dominance "game" begins.

Caz

Thanks for your reply..

Does this sound like the start of an abcess? :cry:

Will ring my vet when they open @ 3.30pm

He isn't sore anymore, he healed up very fast and his furrs grown back already :)

love julie x

It is always best to get things like this checked at the vets - they could be the start of an abscess or some kind of infection. Did the stitches he had disolve or where they taken out? Sometimes this can happen if the stitches have not dissolved properly.
To be honest, I wouldn't try him with anyone else just yet until you have had the all clear from the vets - if it's an infection of some sorts then he really needs to have it cleared up incase it gets worse or if it's an infection that can be spread.
Hope he's better soon :D

His stitched dissolved....

These two spots aren't near where the wound was...the wound is completly better, you can't see the scar or nothing...

Its just these 2 "yellow heads" that are worring me...

He is still eating/drinking, i don't think they are bothering him...

:cry: Still 2 hours till i can ring my vet

Could they be muck in the scent glands? Although this is usually red. When Zeus was done I first found the scent glands and nearly freaked at the red crusty stinking stuff that came out - ugh!! Up until that point his testicles had hidden them.

Caz

Ask the vet if it could be rabbit sypilis that can cause spots with pus around the privets and sometimes it spreads to the lips were they have groomed. This is passed sexualy between rabbits. val

How old is your buck, as this could be acne spot's, I know this sound's weird, but it could be down to puberty, just a thought, I would just squeeze the pus out and bath the spot's with a little salt water warm, and put some antiseptic cream on them and see how he is in a couple of day's.

Polly.

Back