Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sentencing of Sara Ross U/D 28 June #14

Banned

Default Sentencing of Sara Ross U/D 28 June #14

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) in Twickenham is very close to my heart. I have supported, volunteered, raised money, fostered and adopted their rabbits

I was appalled to hear of the 44 rabbits (mainly Californian and New Zealands) that they rescued but pleased that they were able to step in.

Even more shocking was reading this about the woman who was keeping the rabbits and other animals in these appalling conditions

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tring-cruelty/
    Last edited by MightyMax; 28-06-2018 at 03:30 PM.

I should act surprised - but in reality I'm not. Am I disgusted - yes, beyond words that the moderator wouldn't tollerate. When we all try so very hard to make a difference, when we all put so much in to give these little animals a better life, it all gets unpicked by the actions of a few. It just makes me cold right to the heart.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    I should act surprised - but in reality I'm not. Am I disgusted - yes, beyond words that the moderator wouldn't tollerate. When we all try so very hard to make a difference, when we all put so much in to give these little animals a better life, it all gets unpicked by the actions of a few. It just makes me cold right to the heart.

I know, absolutely disgusting

And to think she helped compile the Animal Cruelty Act.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) in Twickenham is very close to my heart. I have supported, volunteered, raised money, fostered and adopted their rabbits

I was appalled to hear of the 44 rabbits (mainly Californian and New Zealands) that they rescued but pleased that they were able to step in.

Even more shocking was reading this about the woman who was keeping the rabbits and other animals in these appalling conditions

Some people are just beyond belief However, I don’t understand what connection ARC and the case of the 44 rabbits being rescued have to do with the news story

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Some people are just beyond belief However, I don’t understand what connection ARC and the case of the 44 rabbits being rescued have to do with the news story
    I thought the same, but I'm not the brightest was she involved? x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Wise Old Thumper

I also tried to establish a link between this woman and the "meat rabbits" taken in by ARC I'm obviously interested as I have adopted Tui, who was one of them.

Were the "meat rabbits" also previously under this woman's care or what is the link?

Seriously heartbreaking...
    How can someone be so cruel n inhuman to a fellow living thing. But I am not surprised just took a trip last week to a pet market here in India n the conditions in which all these animals ( turkey, ducks, goose, rabbits, dogs, Persian cats, love birds, parrots n many exotic birds) were kept was disgusting n sad. My daughter started crying n wanted to rescue or buy them all. But sadly, Nothing can be done for them. These people should be punished.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Some people are just beyond belief However, I donít understand what connection ARC and the case of the 44 rabbits being rescued have to do with the news story

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear, did I?

This is a quote from their Twitter account:

Did you wonder where our 44 Californian rabbits came from? That rescue stretched us all - emotionally, physically and financially. Here's the background on Sara Ross who's pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.

ARC rescued 44 of the rabbits, including 4 mums and 27 babies in total.

Apparently Hounslow Animal Rescue and Blue Cross also took some of the neglected animals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pheobe/ozzy View Post
    Seriously heartbreaking...
    How can someone be so cruel n inhuman to a fellow living thing. But I am not surprised just took a trip last week to a pet market here in India n the conditions in which all these animals ( turkey, ducks, goose, rabbits, dogs, Persian cats, love birds, parrots n many exotic birds) were kept was disgusting n sad. My daughter started crying n wanted to rescue or buy them all. But sadly, Nothing can be done for them. These people should be punished.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

It's so sad and heartbreaking.
    If only we could rescue them all. I think this all the time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I also tried to establish a link between this woman and the "meat rabbits" taken in by ARC I'm obviously interested as I have adopted Tui, who was one of them.

Were the "meat rabbits" also previously under this woman's care or what is the link?

The rabbits rescued by ARC were cross-breed New Zealand Whites/ Himalayan/ Californians. ARC said a while ago that the case was going to court in June, so I guess they couldn't say more than that at the time.

They were originally being bred for meat and then ended up at a sanctuary but were being kept in poor conditions. Apparently the breeding had got out of control at the 'sanctuary'.

I hope this clarifies the situation