• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit labour

VERY late update but i cant remeber the name it begins with an e very long but 4 off mybunnies passed nip as you know then skye another baby was scared of everything then one day before school she just wasnt and she wouldnt move nd i burst into tears her stomach felt like a rock so my dad sent me to school to take my mind off it he collected me early as he had to take her to the vets where she stareted fitting so they put her to lseep like nip, the gave my dad a leaflet about the parasite. at this point we didnt know it was contagous so a night passed and everyone else was fine, then as the next evening arrived flop who i swear thought she was a dog was paralysed like skye was andi had a gut feelinbng so iheld her in my arms as she peacefully died, w edidnt know there was medication for it, so we rung the vets andasked they gave us pancur a worming medication they said no medicine would get rid off the paralysis or fitting or the way there head just fell to their back but it would get rid off the parasite so of course we bout two lots off it one for layal the mum and one for blue the dad, 2 nights had passed they were fine with7 lots left, then the third day came n it was time for me to go to school thta morning i had a bad feeling didnt knowwhat about but it ws there, i came home checked on them both layla wasasleep on the box thing under the floor nd blue was eating a few hours passed and i hadnt seen layla so i checked she was still on the box so i carefully pulledthe box out and it was like she was a statue i picked her up wrapped her in a towel and said my goodbyes, all off the other babies were fine in thier new homes apart from 2 they werent being fed or cared for so i went round the house and took them back, blue hasnt been the same since they died refuses to even attempt to bond with the others and thumps and growls wheni go near himi try to give him as much affection as possible but he bites me

VERY late update but i cant remeber the name it begins with an e very long but 4 off mybunnies passed nip as you know then skye another baby was scared of everything then one day before school she just wasnt and she wouldnt move nd i burst into tears her stomach felt like a rock so my dad sent me to school to take my mind off it he collected me early as he had to take her to the vets where she stareted fitting so they put her to lseep like nip, the gave my dad a leaflet about the parasite. at this point we didnt know it was contagous so a night passed and everyone else was fine, then as the next evening arrived flop who i swear thought she was a dog was paralysed like skye was andi had a gut feelinbng so iheld her in my arms as she peacefully died, w edidnt know there was medication for it, so we rung the vets andasked they gave us pancur a worming medication they said no medicine would get rid off the paralysis or fitting or the way there head just fell to their back but it would get rid off the parasite so of course we bout two lots off it one for layal the mum and one for blue the dad, 2 nights had passed they were fine with7 lots left, then the third day came n it was time for me to go to school thta morning i had a bad feeling didnt knowwhat about but it ws there, i came home checked on them both layla wasasleep on the box thing under the floor nd blue was eating a few hours passed and i hadnt seen layla so i checked she was still on the box so i carefully pulledthe box out and it was like she was a statue i picked her up wrapped her in a towel and said my goodbyes, all off the other babies were fine in thier new homes apart from 2 they werent being fed or cared for so i went round the house and took them back, blue hasnt been the same since they died refuses to even attempt to bond with the others and thumps and growls wheni go near himi try to give him as much affection as possible but he bites me

Oh dear I'm so sorry :cry:

Is it Encephalitozoon cuniculi?

what is it as we had to change vets to one even thurther from where our previous one was as they were rubbish

Back