• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit labour

People have tried to offer advice. But most of us on here don’t have any experience of rabbits giving birth, so the advice available is limited. When animal welfare is concerned the tone of posts can appear harsh but you have mostly only received advice or constructive criticism. I’m sure people certainly haven’t meant to be mean, especially to you personally. I would also invite you to consider how your latest posts come across to those of us who are trying to help.

I personally started another thread appealing for advice for your situation.

I’m glad Layla is feeding the new kits, has the vet been able to offer any advice at all? I would ask the vet about the blood in her urine as a matter of urgency, you might be able to get some advice over the phone

People have tried to offer advice. But most of us on here don’t have any experience of rabbits giving birth, so the advice available is limited. When animal welfare is concerned the tone of posts can appear harsh but you have mostly only received advice or constructive criticism. I’m sure people certainly haven’t meant to be mean, especially to you personally. I would also invite you to consider how your latest posts come across to those of us who are trying to help.

I personally started another thread appealing for advice for your situation.

I’m glad Layla is feeding the new kits, has the vet been able to offer any advice at all? I would ask the vet about the blood in her urine as a matter of urgency, you might be able to get some advice over the phone
I agree, people have been trying to help, I think your latest post saying you haven't received that is unfair and not very nice to all the people who have tried to help you :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I agree, people have been trying to help, I think your latest post saying you haven't received that is unfair and not very nice to all the people who have tried to help you :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

As I said, I think emotions do run high when animal welfare is the subject of discussion, I think maybe we should all try to put our feelings aside now, and concentrate on trying to help with the babies. I’m not sure if anyone who visits the forum now will have experience of a doe rearing 2 litters.

there are 4 new babies dad was split from her as soon as litter 1 was born only weird thing this time is in her wee about a quarter of its blood the 5 weeks old are starting to leave layla and eat on there own dad still in my room and layla in a good cage with new borns layla fed new borns last night only thing i’m concerned about is layla at this moment obv worries about thee older kits and new ones in the longer run but rn she’s my main concern drk how i can put it any bette didn’t realise she could get pregnant thro hh the bars that must be what happens but how?

1- Are you sure it is actually blood in Layla's urine ? Rabbit urine can be a very reddish brown colour as a result of plant pigments within the diet.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...egQIAhAB#v=onepage&q=rabbit red urine&f=false

http://www.haleveterinaryhospital.co.uk/factsheets/Factsheets/Otherpets/24_290527.shtml

If Layla is still passing blood in her urine this is abnormal and requires prompt Veterinary attention.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Uro_gen_diseases/Differentials/Blood_urine.htm

https://www.vettimes.co.uk/app/uplo...bbits-detecting-symptoms-as-true-or-false.pdf

2- Rabbits cannot mate through cage bars

3- If the 5 week old Kits are all eating hay/pellets and drinking water they do not need to remain with Layla. Wild Rabbits self wean at about 4-5 weeks of age. Just make sure that the 5 week old kits have no signs of unformed faeces, bloated bellies, lack of eating and that they all remain very active. Also do not introduce any new food to their diets until they are at least 10 weeks of age.

4- Assuming that you are in the UK then you will need to take into account the important issue of Vaccinations for ALL of the Rabbits
https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/vaccinations/

5- It should be possible to determine the gender of the 5 week old kits. If you are unsure then consult a Rabbit Savvy Vet

qWnXbTy.jpg

It is important to know the gender of each kit to enable you to separate them into Male/Female by the age of 12 weeks. Otherwise the inevitable will eventually happen.

i don’t get how it was unfair and were at the vets soon with all rabbits apart from mum and new born the vet is coming out to see them

and i come on here for help and with this i’ve had none

you have literally had 10 pages of members coming by to help, links, advise, good lucks, good vibes, good thoughts. how is that having "no help" !!!

should probably step off of this thread before I end up being angrier than I am.

I wish you the best of luck.

i don’t get how it was unfair and were at the vets soon with all rabbits apart from mum and new born the vet is coming out to see them

you have literally had 10 pages of members coming by to help, links, advise, good lucks, good vibes, good thoughts. how is that having "no help" !!!

should probably step off of this thread before I end up being angrier than I am.

As I’ve said before, I think we should put feelings aside and concentrate on the baby rabbits.

Farrah, have you read the excellent post made by Jack’s Jane?

not with the first litter with the second don’t have a go at me and leave MY thereaf don’t threaten me

As I’ve said before, I think we should put feelings aside and concentrate on the baby rabbits.

Farrah, have you read the excellent post made by Jack’s Jane?

yh i have amd i areee with the feeling but people are really making me feel worse than what i need to be thanks for being the only nice one

not with the first litter with the second don’t have a go at me and leave MY thereaf don’t threaten me

You’ve had advice from members on both litters. Can you please take my advice and leave the emotions out of this. Thankyou :thumb:

yh i have amd i areee with the feeling but people are really making me feel worse than what i need to be thanks for being the only nice one
I’m not the only nice one. People on here are generally very friendly. Have you seen the advice Jacks Jane has posted?

no emotions play a huge part you don’t know what people are going rheoigh

Well if the emotions keep running high and people misinterpret things then arguments tend to start, one gets less help, and then threads end up having to be closed. I’m trying to keep this on topic, ie about your rabbits.

Well if the emotions keep running high and people misinterpret things then arguments tend to start, one gets less help, and then threads end up having to be closed. I’m trying to keep this on topic, ie about your rabbits.

but you don’t know how your effecting that person if your make them upset it could effect something then someone could mistreat there animal by accident

but you don’t know how your effecting that person if your make them upset it could effect something then someone could mistreat there animal by accident

I’m asking for you, and everyone else, to leave their emotions off of this thread, and keep it on topic please.

As zoobec says, everyone forget what may have been said, and th I k of your little bunnies
What did your vet say the one who is coming out to see mum and youngest litter?

they’ve been out everyone is fine and yes it’s about the rabbits but that doesn’t mean nasty comments should be allowed

Back