Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rabbit labour

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    what shall i do about the nest?
    Leave it. If she is pregnant then she will have to have a nest to give birth.

will that break there bond
    Possibly/probably, but after you have had them neutered/spayed and once the babies have been weaned and taken away from mum, you can re-introduce them - you will probably need professional help to do this as you can't just put them back together as they might fight. They have to be reintroduced very carefully and slowly.

My girls Coco and Thumper (respectively)

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post

Possibly/probably, but after you have had them neutered/spayed and once the babies have been weaned and taken away from mum, you can re-introduce them - you will probably need professional help to do this as you can't just put them back together as they might fight. They have to be reintroduced very carefully and slowly.
    ok thanks

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post

i have just attempted to palpate an dfeltsome lumps like grapes on one side off her stomach, what is this

i have just attempted to palpate an dfeltsome lumps like grapes on one side off her stomach, what is this
    Probably babies, I think it can be hard to tell though even for a vet, I'd leave her nest alone, remove male from the area and just keep an eye on her and the nest let us know how it all goes

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Probably babies, I think it can be hard to tell though even for a vet, I'd leave her nest alone, remove male from the area and just keep an eye on her and the nest let us know how it all goes

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    do u know when she could give birth from what i have said

Wise Old Thumper

yes the vets said they arent old enough yet though so i have to wait.
    I don't think much of your Vet then. You said your rabbit is 6 months old so she is definitely old enough to be pregnant. I would definitely err on the side of her having babies.

Young Bun

[IMG]img_20180623_172457_2.jpg[/IMG]

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I don't think much of your Vet then. You said your rabbit is 6 months old so she is definitely old enough to be pregnant. I would definitely err on the side of her having babies.
    the only other vet around me is 4 hours away so i can only really take them to the one that says 7months, what do you mean err ont the side off her

Young Bun

her nest is the size off two pillows she keeps adding hay! theres a big hole wich she burrows in, she just did some and she ran out flopped over andwent to sleep, is this normal?

her nest is the size off two pillows she keeps adding hay! theres a big hole wich she burrows in, she just did some and she ran out flopped over andwent to sleep, is this normal?

Did you read the links I sent? Were they helpful? Hope so
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018