• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit labour

it’s fine now but on off the rabbits eyes are bright blue more so the pupil, should i be worried?

I'm not sure, not sure when their eye colours develop to be honest. Pleeease post some pics we want to see your little fluff balls!

Whereabouts in the Country are you? Perhaps a local rescue could help rehome them for you, this will ensure that they to good homes. Has the male been neutered now? Don’t let him near the Mum as she can get pregnant again up to 8 weeks after he has been neutered.

HELP she’s building a nest again and is fat and something is moving she’s not been near the buck what’s happening?????!!!!!

HELP she’s building a nest again and is fat and something is moving she’s not been near the buck what’s happening?????!!!!!
When did you separate her babies from her? (at what age were they) and were any boys? Are you 100% the buck hasn't been with her even for a second?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

rabbits can become pregnant right after birth, and can mate very quickly.. if you have allowed the buck anywhere near her even for a moment, she could have become pregnant again.

babies (esp boys) needed to be separated at 8 weeks old, as around 12 they're already becoming fertile and could impregant a female, I have heard of stories happening earlier. hence why 8 weeks is a good benchmark.

have also heard of rabbits mating through bars if they're big enough.....hence why I'd always suggest keeping them far far away.

she could be pregnant again, or she could be unwell (bloat). I'd suggest getting her to a vet.

has dad been neutered yet?

rabbits can become pregnant right after birth, and can mate very quickly.. if you have allowed the buck anywhere near her even for a moment, she could have become pregnant again.

babies (esp boys) needed to be separated at 8 weeks old, as around 12 they're already becoming fertile and could impregant a female, I have heard of stories happening earlier. hence why 8 weeks is a good benchmark.

have also heard of rabbits mating through bars if they're big enough.....hence why I'd always suggest keeping them far far away.

she could be pregnant again, or she could be unwell (bloat). I'd suggest getting her to a vet.

has dad been neutered yet?

I definitely agree.

babies are 5weeksbtoday 5boys and 2 girls the vet said, mum n dad could touch each other’s nose through the bars dad was nurtured on friday, mum keeps chasing babies to bite them then jumps on my bed when i’ve dine nothing to bite me

When did you separate the Dad from the Mum? If she is getting irritated by her current litter and was not separated early enough, she could be pregnant again. I hope not :(

as soon as i saw her giving birth i picked him up and put him in a cage the only touch theyve had is putting there nose through the cage could get any closer tho this nest is huge a more fur the only signs showing on layla is if i tpuch i think it is the right side off her i feel kicking like before but last time she was big but she’s not big this time also should i take the babies away because she’s running after them and pulling there fur out not alit but she i then they scream

He must have put more than his nose through the cage then:(

Poor Layla had seven babies five weeks ago and now has given birth to more. Her little body must be shattered:(:(

I'm afraid the only way she could have become pregnant is by you not separating them properly or quickly enough. I don't know how Leyla is going to cope with yet another lot of kits - she wouldn't have recovered from giving birth five weeks ago. I hope someone else may be able to advise you.
Please reassure us that the buck is completely away from her now - he will be fertile for at least a month.

Poor Layla [emoji17] Two back to back pregnancies will have put a huge strain on her little body [emoji17]

You need to be extremely vigilant from now on. Not only to keep dad away from Layla but also when the babies start to reach sexual maturity otherwise this situation will quickly get out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your poor Layla :cry:

You had several people giving you the correct advice on this forum, so how on earth has this happened?

Layla will be weakened by having two back-to-back pregnancies.

Her 1st litter of 5 week old kits should have been able to remain with her until they were 8 weeks old.

She's now somehow got to find the strength to feed another litter of how many? And if she's not able to do this, what happens to the new litter?

And finally who is going to provide good homes for all these additional rabbits ?

i do know it’s not fair on her i’ve not just laughed it off don’t need to state the obvious and make me feel bad we’re at the vet for the 6th time tommorow🤔

Back