Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: rabbit labour

Young Bun

theyre jumping out the nest😨 shall i get a box with higher walls

Could you post a picture of the nest? What are they currently in?

There is another live thread of another lady on here who is doing a great job with her unexpected baby buns and she has pics of their set up so may be beneficial for you to take a look

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Young Bun

it’s fine now but on off the rabbits eyes are bright blue more so the pupil, should i be worried?

I'm not sure, not sure when their eye colours develop to be honest. Pleeease post some pics we want to see your little fluff balls!

Young Bun

how do i post pics

Alpha Buck

Whereabouts in the Country are you? Perhaps a local rescue could help rehome them for you, this will ensure that they to good homes. Has the male been neutered now? Don’t let him near the Mum as she can get pregnant again up to 8 weeks after he has been neutered.

Young Bun

already done x

Young Bun

HELP she’s building a nest again and is fat and something is moving she’s not been near the buck what’s happening?????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    HELP she’s building a nest again and is fat and something is moving she’s not been near the buck what’s happening?????!!!!!
    When did you separate her babies from her? (at what age were they) and were any boys? Are you 100% the buck hasn't been with her even for a second?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

rabbits can become pregnant right after birth, and can mate very quickly.. if you have allowed the buck anywhere near her even for a moment, she could have become pregnant again.

babies (esp boys) needed to be separated at 8 weeks old, as around 12 they're already becoming fertile and could impregant a female, I have heard of stories happening earlier. hence why 8 weeks is a good benchmark.

have also heard of rabbits mating through bars if they're big enough.....hence why I'd always suggest keeping them far far away.

she could be pregnant again, or she could be unwell (bloat). I'd suggest getting her to a vet.

has dad been neutered yet?
    Snoopy : 14.02.15 - 12.05.17 [mini rex]👑Luna : 14.02.15 [rex]👑Orion : 21.10.17 [mini rex]