Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: rabbit labour

Young Bun

Default rabbit labour

was wondering how to tell if my rabbit is pregnant shes 6 months old i do not mean to breed btw but her and her brother has been mating she has built a nest but its mainly his fur? i do not know if its a false pregnancy she is very moody and her belly moves more than it did before she lays down more and is very lazy she has lost some fur on her ears also she has built her nest under my bed there is a nest box in the cage they are both free range bunnies so the cage is just for emergencies she refuses to use the nest box and keeps gping under the bed where the buck can acsess is it dangerous for the male to accessthe nest
    Last edited by farrah; 23-06-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    was wondering how to tell if my rabbit is pregnant shes 6 months old i do not mean to breed btw but her and her brother has been mating she has built a nest but its mainly his fur? i do not know if its a false pregnancy she is very moody and her belly moves more than it did before she lays down more and is very lazy she has lost some fur on her ears also she has built her nest under my bed there is a nest box in the cage they are both free range bunnies so the cage is just for emergencies she refuses to use the nest box and keeps gping under the bed where the buck can acsess is it dangerous for the male to accessthe nest
    Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you soon, but I'm pretty sure you want to separate the male away so he is not near the female or the nest at all.

Will you be neutering the brother and sister soon? I wouldn't let either of them have any contact now until after they have both been neutered.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hi there and welcome to the Forum

You might find some useful info here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...king-on-Babies

http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html

http://www.curiousbunny.com/newborn_rabbits_detail.pdf

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...abbit-litters/

Wise Old Thumper

She is almost certainly pregnant and the thing you need to understand most of all is that as soon as she has had her babies the male can get her pregnant straightaway. Obviously I hope you don't want this to happen as it is a big strain on the Mummy bunny. In order for this not to happen you must separate male and female now. Make sure everything is very clean for Mum and babies and let us know how it goes.

Young Bun

yes the vets said they arent old enough yet though so i have to wait.

Young Bun

ok thanks

Young Bun

thanks

yes the vets said they arent old enough yet though so i have to wait.
    Okay, I'd definitely separate them now until they can be neutered then best for them both and the babies x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    She is almost certainly pregnant and the thing you need to understand most of all is that as soon as she has had her babies the male can get her pregnant straightaway. Obviously I hope you don't want this to happen as it is a big strain on the Mummy bunny. In order for this not to happen you must separate male and female now. Make sure everything is very clean for Mum and babies and let us know how it goes.
    what shall i do about the nest?

Young Bun

will that break there bond