Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 173

Thread: rabbit labour

  1. #1
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default rabbit labour

    was wondering how to tell if my rabbit is pregnant shes 6 months old i do not mean to breed btw but her and her brother has been mating she has built a nest but its mainly his fur? i do not know if its a false pregnancy she is very moody and her belly moves more than it did before she lays down more and is very lazy she has lost some fur on her ears also she has built her nest under my bed there is a nest box in the cage they are both free range bunnies so the cage is just for emergencies she refuses to use the nest box and keeps gping under the bed where the buck can acsess is it dangerous for the male to accessthe nest
    Last edited by farrah; 23-06-2018 at 10:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    was wondering how to tell if my rabbit is pregnant shes 6 months old i do not mean to breed btw but her and her brother has been mating she has built a nest but its mainly his fur? i do not know if its a false pregnancy she is very moody and her belly moves more than it did before she lays down more and is very lazy she has lost some fur on her ears also she has built her nest under my bed there is a nest box in the cage they are both free range bunnies so the cage is just for emergencies she refuses to use the nest box and keeps gping under the bed where the buck can acsess is it dangerous for the male to accessthe nest
    Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you soon, but I'm pretty sure you want to separate the male away so he is not near the female or the nest at all.

    Will you be neutering the brother and sister soon? I wouldn't let either of them have any contact now until after they have both been neutered.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    41,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    was wondering how to tell if my rabbit is pregnant shes 6 months old i do not mean to breed btw but her and her brother has been mating she has built a nest but its mainly his fur? i do not know if its a false pregnancy she is very moody and her belly moves more than it did before she lays down more and is very lazy she has lost some fur on her ears also she has built her nest under my bed there is a nest box in the cage they are both free range bunnies so the cage is just for emergencies she refuses to use the nest box and keeps gping under the bed where the buck can acsess is it dangerous for the male to accessthe nest

    Hi there and welcome to the Forum

    You might find some useful info here:

    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...king-on-Babies

    http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html

    http://www.curiousbunny.com/newborn_rabbits_detail.pdf

    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...abbit-litters/

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    15,276

    Default

    She is almost certainly pregnant and the thing you need to understand most of all is that as soon as she has had her babies the male can get her pregnant straightaway. Obviously I hope you don't want this to happen as it is a big strain on the Mummy bunny. In order for this not to happen you must separate male and female now. Make sure everything is very clean for Mum and babies and let us know how it goes.

  5. #5
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    yes the vets said they arent old enough yet though so i have to wait.

  6. #6
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    ok thanks

  7. #7
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    thanks

  8. #8
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrah View Post
    yes the vets said they arent old enough yet though so i have to wait.
    Okay, I'd definitely separate them now until they can be neutered then best for them both and the babies x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    She is almost certainly pregnant and the thing you need to understand most of all is that as soon as she has had her babies the male can get her pregnant straightaway. Obviously I hope you don't want this to happen as it is a big strain on the Mummy bunny. In order for this not to happen you must separate male and female now. Make sure everything is very clean for Mum and babies and let us know how it goes.
    what shall i do about the nest?

  10. #10
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    will that break there bond

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •