• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I’m bonding a trio again! U/D P64

UPDATE POST 64

This weekend is time to bond Robin with Bertie and Primrose! This will be a MMF trio. Primrose and Bertie are already a bonded pair and I’m adding in Robin.

I did attempt bonding a few weeks ago and although it was going ok, I had to stop as I didn’t give myself enough time and didn’t want to leave them unattended together when I had to go out. I’ve finally got a weekend off work though which means it’s bonding time!

I started at 5.20pm yesterday and it’s been going well. There was a bit of nipping and grooming and no nasty fights until 8 and a half hours into the bonding when a fight broke out! I was able to separate them though. After that there’s been a few fights but nothing too nasty. At 3am I was too exhausted to carry on sitting in the bathroom with them so I put Robin in a separate pen right next to them and went to bed. Then at 9am today I’ve started again. They’re currently sat eating together and the fighting has calmed down thankfully. The boys are lunging at one another but it’s not kicked off badly and they tend to lunge then back away without biting one another. If one does nip then the other doesn’t fight back which is good.

Fingers crossed it continues to go smoothly and I will have a happy trio soon! I’m definitely hopefully it can work because we’ve had a lot of positive behaviour! Before bonding they have been living in close proximity of one another and able to smell/ touch noses etc so that probably helps. I’ll keep you all updated! Here’s some pics.

c975a4a2694a05a50f0410bda06f98cc.jpg
265a551155abba128b9c3f938b31dd7d.jpg
dd0c8f672f32194833d29a90637e5072.jpg
97bf580b9763f7bc18466fd10d94a70a.jpg
3a264d6a1f44bfcfac6387858bee4c1c.jpg
5e85cdbc3b06347d7f8f25abef2c32ca.jpg
9bed1ae9d846e03537de577f0eca680e.jpg

7fa43c31b4013efe64f7c021b551d73a.jpg
e34476d375a70833d8f3b69f5ab979d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good luck! I watched one of your videos not long ago actually where u were bonding Reuben and Primrose with Bertie so I have every faith this bond will go well too. Out of interest is it best to bond a newly established pair with a 3rd or wait a while before introducing a 3rd. Or does it not matter?

Once our setup is fully sorted I have a feeling I may need a submissive groomer, like a certain Dennis on here!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Aww look at those three little rascals ❤️❤️❤️ I'm glad things are going well and that the fighting has calmed down. Loads of smooth bonding vibes winging their way over.

Good luck. Your previous videos really helped me with my pair. Have faith in your skills! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Good luck! I am watching carefully as I’m attempting my first trio on Monday. Fingers crossed it works for you. x

If anyone can do it you can - I’ve watched your videos several times lately in training for my new quad and I feel like I know you, Primrose and Bertie. I’ve done two bonds involving Dutch buns and they were both super easy (I know that means nothing but trying to be encouraging!).

Good luck! I watched one of your videos not long ago actually where u were bonding Reuben and Primrose with Bertie so I have every faith this bond will go well too. Out of interest is it best to bond a newly established pair with a 3rd or wait a while before introducing a 3rd. Or does it not matter?

Once our setup is fully sorted I have a feeling I may need a submissive groomer, like a certain Dennis on here!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I honestly think it depends on the rabbits. I've always added a third in when I have a pair who've been together a while. People say that adding a third can actually break the bond of your original pair leaving you with 3 singles but I've never had that problem. I imagine that is more likely if the pair is newly established though, however once bonded, they stay bonded I've usually found. It's hard to say but may be best waiting a few months before adding another x

Ahh thank you everyone and to those who have watched my previous bonding videos! I have been filming this whole process but having issues with my laptop editor so don't know if I'll be able to get it uploaded but I'll definitely try.

The rabbits have been together 24 hours now and it's got to the stage where I'm able to leave the room without too much worry! They're currently all sat together and there's been a lot of grooming between Primrose and Robin. Just need Bertie and Robin to start grooming each other now but at least they've stopped the aggression!

Bad news :( Had to stop last night. Bertie and Robin had a fight, started by Robin. Very frustrating as I’m doing this for him so he has a nice home and friends yet he’s the one attacking my Bertie :( I will try again in a few weeks but had to stop because Bertie had all his nose and mouth cut and it’s not going to heal with Robin lunging at him every few mins. Such a shame as it was going so well.

I'm sorry that the bond has had to be suspended. But it is for the right reasons, especially after all your very hard work and effort in getting this far. As an observation, in my very uninitiated opinion, the gorgeous dutch bun in the very first photo had quite an agressive pose - ears up, tail down. Just looked as though the bun was on edge about something, but the other photos looked wonderful with them all coseyed up and getting on. I do hope the break gives them all a chance to recover and look forward to any updates and hope it all goes positive for you.

Oh no, I'm really sorry you've had a setback [emoji17] Poor Bertie, I hope he's ok. It must be so frustrating for you. If only Robin could understand what a fantastic life he'll have, a lovely home and lifelong friends to cuddle with, if he could just be nice!

I'm sorry to read this latest update. Poor Bertie, I hope he heals quickly. I hope also that after a few weeks and you try again, they start to be nice to each other.

Bad news :( Had to stop last night. Bertie and Robin had a fight, started by Robin. Very frustrating as I’m doing this for him so he has a nice home and friends yet he’s the one attacking my Bertie :( I will try again in a few weeks but had to stop because Bertie had all his nose and mouth cut and it’s not going to heal with Robin lunging at him every few mins. Such a shame as it was going so well.

So sorry to read this. Such a shame.

I hope the injuries heal fast and don't give you any cause for worry, and that a rebond works well when you try it.

Thank you everyone! This weekend is where I try again, last chance so please send positive vibes this way! I’ve managed to get Friday and Monday off work and I’m also off this weekend so that gives me 4 days to try get them bonded and happy.

I could start properly tonight but I’ve been at work all day and so tired so feel like I’d just be falling asleep! Not good for bonding haha so what I’ve done is set up the pen for them but put a partition down the middle. Means they can get used to being in the bathroom again but also be in close proximity to each other. I’ve put hay in the middle so they’ll be eating right next to each other. Guess it’s like the warm up! Means I can have a good nights sleep too, ready to begin nice and early in the morning! Please wish us luck!

736baf631b9e534c627d347ce1f92ffb.jpg

Back