• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I’m bonding a trio again! U/D P64

I’m bonding a trio again!

I may keep them in until Friday as a final attempt. I’m off work weds and could just keep them on separate sides of the pen whilst I’m at work. After spending so much time, I hate to throw in the towel [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may keep them in until Friday as a final attempt. I’m off work weds and could just keep them on separate sides of the pen whilst I’m at work. After spending so much time, I hate to throw in the towel [emoji20]

Sending special vibes for your last go at this bonding x

Ok about time I updated this thread!!

After 2 failed attempts, I decided to give bonding one final go and whilst I can't hand on heart say I have bonded the bunnies and that they're best of friends, I can say we are getting there slowly but surely. I started off by putting them in a carrier and taking them on a fair few car rides. In this situation they’d snuggle up together so this was how I started trying to get them to trust each other. I then decided to try bond them in a tiny indoor cage and my gosh it was hard on my heart keeping them locked in there. I had them in my bedroom though rather than taking over the bathroom so it meant I could bond for longer. As the cage was small it meant they couldn't run away and were forced to interact. Because of this, fighting did not last long at all. I had the bunnies in my room for about 2 weeks and there was a lot of grooming between Primrose and Robin and then I caught on camera one miracle event where Bertie washed Robin's head. I literally thought I was dreaming, this was big as Bertie seemed to hate Robin. Then after this, it calmed down, no fighting but no snuggling either, just ignoring each other. Anyway I decided as there was no progression, to just move them outside before it got too cold and they've been out for way over a month now. At first they just had access to the shed but now they have the whole set up.

Robin is definitely the submissive one. Bertie appears to be boss boy although I think Primrose is leader of the group. All 3 will happily hop about in each others company and eat food together etc but every now and again Bertie will nip Robin and fur pull. Robin however does not fight back and just runs away so I have not split them up. That's the current situation. They live together but occasionally Bertie puts Robin in his place. I'm hoping through time this will stop and they'll start to display normal bonded bunny behaviour eg. snuggling up and grooming each other. For now though I'm just so happy that they are together!! I don't feel scared to leave them and it's really nice to be able to have them together. Here's some pics!

6cd5d4cd949689d654970a0f657521e1.jpg

922bae4c157aeb8dc76ea3bb55563593.jpg

256047bf6196658989a15efa1aa324e7.jpg

9734f13154b6a98e9123d15db79f2cb4.jpg

f75a27a195e91af45f7b84ac4ec9da61.jpg

166d98103e9629304b58d6596f76217a.jpg

4a638148f88b78d4dd2653713480c9e7.jpg

A few from bonding inside, hated having them in such a tiny cage!

e54283c36065583b6c40d59c3336baaa.jpg

45ad881d89e3c90c1379656d66b94e2b.jpg

Last edited:
oh naughty Bertie but maybe he wants Primrose to himself! Glad it is settling down and well done for trying again x

oh naughty Bertie but maybe he wants Primrose to himself! Glad it is settling down and well done for trying again x

Yes definitely! Didn't expect it though as he happily shared her with Reuben before! Thank you, I would have hated to send him back to the rescue so wanted to try everything. Looks to be getting there now so I'm glad I persevered :love:

I’m really pleased they’re getting on better now. It sounded like you’d really started to bond yourself with Robin so I can imagine how devastated you would have been to have had to take him back to the rescue. Hopefully Bertie will in due course realise he’s undisputedly top boy bun and stop feeling the need to put Robin in his place! Touch of the small man syndrome from young Bertie methinks!

It does sound similar to when Joey&Boo bonded her trio, except it was the girls who took a while to sort themselves. J&B will hopefully come along and confirm this but if I remember correctly, Boo was quite nippy with Mouse for a good while but they all finally settled and are best of friends now.

Anyhoo, I’m really pleased your hard work and perseverance have paid off [emoji3]

I'm late to this thread but love the photos of them bombing. I have a Bertie bun too! He sends greetings to your buns.

Back