Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I知 bonding a trio again! U/D P64

I'm really sorry it wasn't meant to be

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

Default I知 bonding a trio again!

I may keep them in until Friday as a final attempt. I知 off work weds and could just keep them on separate sides of the pen whilst I知 at work. After spending so much time, I hate to throw in the towel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Emma

Click here to visit our YouTube channel!

Mummy to Primrose and REW boys Reuben and Bertie!

Binky free my 8 bridge bunnies, Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector and Velvet xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief and Tinker's Mum View Post
    I may keep them in until Friday as a final attempt. I知 off work weds and could just keep them on separate sides of the pen whilst I知 at work. After spending so much time, I hate to throw in the towel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending special vibes for your last go at this bonding x

Ok about time I updated this thread!!

After 2 failed attempts, I decided to give bonding one final go and whilst I can't hand on heart say I have bonded the bunnies and that they're best of friends, I can say we are getting there slowly but surely. I started off by putting them in a carrier and taking them on a fair few car rides. In this situation they壇 snuggle up together so this was how I started trying to get them to trust each other. I then decided to try bond them in a tiny indoor cage and my gosh it was hard on my heart keeping them locked in there. I had them in my bedroom though rather than taking over the bathroom so it meant I could bond for longer. As the cage was small it meant they couldn't run away and were forced to interact. Because of this, fighting did not last long at all. I had the bunnies in my room for about 2 weeks and there was a lot of grooming between Primrose and Robin and then I caught on camera one miracle event where Bertie washed Robin's head. I literally thought I was dreaming, this was big as Bertie seemed to hate Robin. Then after this, it calmed down, no fighting but no snuggling either, just ignoring each other. Anyway I decided as there was no progression, to just move them outside before it got too cold and they've been out for way over a month now. At first they just had access to the shed but now they have the whole set up.

Robin is definitely the submissive one. Bertie appears to be boss boy although I think Primrose is leader of the group. All 3 will happily hop about in each others company and eat food together etc but every now and again Bertie will nip Robin and fur pull. Robin however does not fight back and just runs away so I have not split them up. That's the current situation. They live together but occasionally Bertie puts Robin in his place. I'm hoping through time this will stop and they'll start to display normal bonded bunny behaviour eg. snuggling up and grooming each other. For now though I'm just so happy that they are together!! I don't feel scared to leave them and it's really nice to be able to have them together. Here's some pics!

A few from bonding inside, hated having them in such a tiny cage!

Last edited by Mischief and Tinker's Mum; 25-11-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    - Emma

Binky free my 8 bridge bunnies, Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector and Velvet xxx

Awwwww. so cute

bonding is looking good.

I’m so glad that it all worked out for you all in the end lovely photos

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Loads of luck with your bonding. It looks positive so far.

Wise Old Thumper

oh naughty Bertie but maybe he wants Primrose to himself! Glad it is settling down and well done for trying again x
    Jill

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    oh naughty Bertie but maybe he wants Primrose to himself! Glad it is settling down and well done for trying again x
    Yes definitely! Didn't expect it though as he happily shared her with Reuben before! Thank you, I would have hated to send him back to the rescue so wanted to try everything. Looks to be getting there now so I'm glad I persevered
    - Emma

Awwww what a lovely update. They look good together.

Hope it all continues to move positively.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Theta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex & Uraya Hamsters*
    Missing rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, Arce, Meadowbloom, my beautiful Elphie, & Erasmus Chipper
    Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.