Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iím bonding a trio again!

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

Default Iím bonding a trio again!

This weekend is time to bond Robin with Bertie and Primrose! This will be a MMF trio. Primrose and Bertie are already a bonded pair and Iím adding in Robin.

I did attempt bonding a few weeks ago and although it was going ok, I had to stop as I didnít give myself enough time and didnít want to leave them unattended together when I had to go out. Iíve finally got a weekend off work though which means itís bonding time!

I started at 5.20pm yesterday and itís been going well. There was a bit of nipping and grooming and no nasty fights until 8 and a half hours into the bonding when a fight broke out! I was able to separate them though. After that thereís been a few fights but nothing too nasty. At 3am I was too exhausted to carry on sitting in the bathroom with them so I put Robin in a separate pen right next to them and went to bed. Then at 9am today Iíve started again. Theyíre currently sat eating together and the fighting has calmed down thankfully. The boys are lunging at one another but itís not kicked off badly and they tend to lunge then back away without biting one another. If one does nip then the other doesnít fight back which is good.

Fingers crossed it continues to go smoothly and I will have a happy trio soon! Iím definitely hopefully it can work because weíve had a lot of positive behaviour! Before bonding they have been living in close proximity of one another and able to smell/ touch noses etc so that probably helps. Iíll keep you all updated! Hereís some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Emma

Click here to visit our YouTube channel!

Mummy to Primrose and REW boys Reuben and Bertie!

Binky free my 8 bridge bunnies, Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector and Velvet xxx

Good luck x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Good luck! I watched one of your videos not long ago actually where u were bonding Reuben and Primrose with Bertie so I have every faith this bond will go well too. Out of interest is it best to bond a newly established pair with a 3rd or wait a while before introducing a 3rd. Or does it not matter?

Once our setup is fully sorted I have a feeling I may need a submissive groomer, like a certain Dennis on here!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Aww look at those three little rascals ❤️❤️❤️ I'm glad things are going well and that the fighting has calmed down. Loads of smooth bonding vibes winging their way over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Good luck. Your previous videos really helped me with my pair. Have faith in your skills!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Good luck

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Good luck! I am watching carefully as I’m attempting my first trio on Monday. Fingers crossed it works for you. x

If anyone can do it you can - I’ve watched your videos several times lately in training for my new quad and I feel like I know you, Primrose and Bertie. I’ve done two bonds involving Dutch buns and they were both super easy (I know that means nothing but trying to be encouraging!).

Quote Originally Posted by Leannean27 View Post
    Good luck! I watched one of your videos not long ago actually where u were bonding Reuben and Primrose with Bertie so I have every faith this bond will go well too. Out of interest is it best to bond a newly established pair with a 3rd or wait a while before introducing a 3rd. Or does it not matter?

Once our setup is fully sorted I have a feeling I may need a submissive groomer, like a certain Dennis on here!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I honestly think it depends on the rabbits. I've always added a third in when I have a pair who've been together a while. People say that adding a third can actually break the bond of your original pair leaving you with 3 singles but I've never had that problem. I imagine that is more likely if the pair is newly established though, however once bonded, they stay bonded I've usually found. It's hard to say but may be best waiting a few months before adding another x
    - Emma

Binky free my 8 bridge bunnies, Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector and Velvet xxx

Ahh thank you everyone and to those who have watched my previous bonding videos! I have been filming this whole process but having issues with my laptop editor so don't know if I'll be able to get it uploaded but I'll definitely try.

The rabbits have been together 24 hours now and it's got to the stage where I'm able to leave the room without too much worry! They're currently all sat together and there's been a lot of grooming between Primrose and Robin. Just need Bertie and Robin to start grooming each other now but at least they've stopped the aggression!
    - Emma