• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you’re on Facebook you might like this page

Glingle

Warren Veteran
This is the story of Wobbly Bob, a bunny who was taken in from a situation that had got out of control by Rabbit Rescue Northwest. Wobbly was only a few weeks old and had to be separated from his litter mates as it was obvious that he wasn’t developing as well as they were.
Initially, it was thought that they would lose him, but his fighting spirit has been strong. His teeth are in a bad way, but his neurological condition has been the biggest concern. He has a misshapen head which the vet feels is consistent with having been dropped or trodden on.
He is very unsteady on his feet, hence his name, as he constantly falls over. He has cot bumpers in his cage to protect him. It doesn’t stop him trying to binky though! He’s now started physio to try and improve his balance. He has a forever home with one of the rescue team, the wonderful Lorraine and will have a wife if things continue to go well for him.
I’m very jealous of Vanessa B who has met him!

https://www.facebook.com/Wobbly-Bob...BHRiM3PF_m2fnmzr93xg_JdV6tRuemj05iU-o&fref=nf

Poor little guy. Is there a way to find out more, I've clicked the link, but I'm interested in reading more about him - do I have to follow the page? (I'm a facebook novice!) x

Poor little guy. Is there a way to find out more, I've clicked the link, but I'm interested in reading more about him - do I have to follow the page? (I'm a facebook novice!) x

Facebook novice here too! I think by following him you’ll get notified of his updates and you can scroll back down his posts to see what else he has posted.
The info below about him was posted on Rabbit Rescue NorthWest’s Facebook page,

“7 June at 11:17 ·
I'm sure you all remember the big rescue we did on May Day where someone was giving away what I thought was 3 five week old babies, which turned out to be six babies, 3 juveniles and mum & dad.
Well all are doing well and most are reserved or have already been adopted, apart from one.
It became clear very early on, that one of the babies had movement and stability issues, he fell over a lot and had a very misshapen head.
Limited as to what we can do because of his size and age, it would appear that he has been dropped or has some other kind of trauma. As a result he is very unsteady on his feet and falls over - a lot, but every day he is getting stronger but will need to stay in our care for the rest of his life.
This is the commitment to these beautiful creatures we all make and both Anna, Katy and myself of course have resident bunnies, all of which have come into rescue unable to be rehomed.
These bunnies place a huge financial strain on the rescue but due to great supporters like you, we can continue to give these less fortunate rabbits a forever life.
To help with these costs, we run a sponsorship scheme whereby for £10 a month you will get updates, birthday cards and Christmas cards from your adopted bunny.
If you would be interested in sponsoring Wobbly Bob please message us.
Lorraine xx”

Facebook novice here too! I think by following him you’ll get notified of his updates and you can scroll back down his posts to see what else he has posted.
The info below about him was posted on Rabbit Rescue NorthWest’s Facebook page,

“7 June at 11:17 ·
I'm sure you all remember the big rescue we did on May Day where someone was giving away what I thought was 3 five week old babies, which turned out to be six babies, 3 juveniles and mum & dad.
Well all are doing well and most are reserved or have already been adopted, apart from one.
It became clear very early on, that one of the babies had movement and stability issues, he fell over a lot and had a very misshapen head.
Limited as to what we can do because of his size and age, it would appear that he has been dropped or has some other kind of trauma. As a result he is very unsteady on his feet and falls over - a lot, but every day he is getting stronger but will need to stay in our care for the rest of his life.
This is the commitment to these beautiful creatures we all make and both Anna, Katy and myself of course have resident bunnies, all of which have come into rescue unable to be rehomed.
These bunnies place a huge financial strain on the rescue but due to great supporters like you, we can continue to give these less fortunate rabbits a forever life.
To help with these costs, we run a sponsorship scheme whereby for £10 a month you will get updates, birthday cards and Christmas cards from your adopted bunny.
If you would be interested in sponsoring Wobbly Bob please message us.
Lorraine xx”

Thanks, I'll try that x

My heart melted seeing this beautiful boy, I felt so sorry for hm but then I saw his wobbly binkies and he is a happy little soul , I hope so much the physio helps his balance. I am not on Facebook but I can still see his updates. I have added little Bob's page to my home screen. Thank u for posting. I look forward to more updates from this beautiful boy. He reminds me of my bridge bun Oliver, he had helicopter ears for years also.

Back