• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio - a success!!

So cute! I'm actually bonding a trio right now myself (I started yesterday) and it sounds like yours is going really well :)

Good luck with your trio! It’s not easy but I think mine are getting there. I just want someone to give Ted some affection, it would make my day.

Ted looks like he is taking it all in his stride. ......... or flop[emoji23]. Looks like it's going really well.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

My rabbits have always been outside so it’s nice to get to see them all the time now. I’ve seen Ted flop before but not this often!! It’s obviously very tiring for him!

I wouldnt bother with the banana on the head reick. They will get to it in their own time. My quad have become loads more groomy just recently, after 5 years together!!

Eta. Ted, what a bundle of fluffy cuteness awwww

Last edited:
TsMmwMB.jpg

xUeuhJN.jpg

This bought a tear to my eye this morning. It’ll be three weeks tomorrow since we lost Frankie, Ted’s partner, and it’s been breaking my heart seeing him on his own. Maddie has just given him a little groom too! Ned is still being a little dominant but the other two are being nice and submissive so I think all is going well.

How do you know when to increase their space again? Their permanent home is at my parents in a cabin in the garden so taking them back there is a big step. It also won’t be a neutral space so I am a little worried. I will be cleaning it as much as possible and am planning on setting up a small pen first so I can expand the space slowly but it’ll be more difficult to supervise 24 7. Bonding is stressful!!

And just because he’s cute...

Ofx1ZB7.jpg

I personally wouldn't fret too much about putting them back in their main setup.

I might be judged for my unconventional method of bonding haha, but I have been bonding my trio in a section of their original run/home and it has gone really well.

I do think it is just a matter of time mostly - I have left my three alone and now on the third day they're all starting to hang out :)

You seem to be doing really well so don't worry! <3

Your right, totally cute! Glad it's all working out and moving in the right direction

I too went along Beapig's sort of lines this time around as I didn't know with previous bonds about neutral areas and white vinegar and they've been okay.

Although I cleaned out my girls hutch from top to bottom and disinfected any soiled areas they went in they did fine. She was a bit like 'what's this rabbit doing in my house, oh it's just you Ralph come on I'll show you around and teach u how to use the stairs!'

I down want to offer you advice as it will probably be incorrect but you seem to know what your doing and I think when you take them to the cabin section some off and put a pile of hay/ forage etc just as it is a diff place with diff smells then see how it goes and increase and increase if you think it's going well - you can always quickly decrease it if you see any bad behaviour

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm really pleased the bonding's going well. It's really heart lifting when you see a bereaved bunny finding happiness again with a new friend(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I down want to offer you advice as it will probably be incorrect but you seem to know what your doing and I think when you take them to the cabin section some off and put a pile of hay/ forage etc just as it is a diff place with diff smells then see how it goes and increase and increase if you think it's going well - you can always quickly decrease it if you see any bad behaviour

Trust me, I am grateful for any advice and comments!! I’ve always wimped out of bonding before and other people have done it for me so I have thrown myself in the deep end with a trio!! I’ve tried to read as much as much as possible but I’m doing it on my own so it’s hard not to doubt myself.

We’ve got to Ned’s witching hour now when he feels the need to chase the other two and jump them. I’m hoping this will stop soon as everyone hates it. I am hoping to keep them together here until Friday morning and then take them back to my parents house. That’ll give me another 3 days before I have to go back to work on Monday.

I thought I would post a quick update to say that I have a happily bonded trio!! I moved them back to their cabin on Friday and they have settled in really quickly. So pleased :D

ApTAkMo.jpg

FWsbIIK.jpg

Congratulations on your trio. Glad it went well and all in time for you to go back to work? Bet it's a weight of your mind now it's done :love: :D

Congratulations on your trio. Glad it went well and all in time for you to go back to work? Bet it's a weight of your mind now it's done :love: :D

Thanks everyone. Yep, I can go back to work tomorrow without any worries which is a huge relief! I have been worrying about this bond for almost two years as my old bun Frankie had a few health problems and I didn’t expect her to fight for so long :love: Seeing the three rabbits together is so wonderful and I can finally stop worrying!

Back