• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit bloat - what should I do?

:wave: count me in. Mind you,its a better (less embarassing )reason than being too scared to leave them:oops:

Pleased Ham responded so well to his meds x

Yep , 5 and a half years I went with no holidays - max one day away from them - I too was too scared to leave them !!! Plus I would have missed them too much !

:wave: count me in. Mind you,its a better (less embarassing )reason than being too scared to leave them:oops:

Pleased Ham responded so well to his meds x
I know, like I would dare to go on holiday anyway. I can't even go out for a day!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I've done 20 years with no break, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I am wondering how much longer I can go on!

I've done 20 years with no break, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I am wondering how much longer I can go on!

That's admirable Tonibun. Would you like to get away IF (& I realise that is a massive if) they had suitablly loving & experienced carers?
When we have a day out we tend to centre it around wildie watching :lol: Is it just rabbits that absorb themselves in to every fibre of your being? If I had cats or dogs or guineapigs or pigeons would I feel the same ?(genuine question BTW, I had multi pets as a kid but as an adult only bunnies).

Sorry for the slight thread de-railment

That's admirable Tonibun. Would you like to get away IF (& I realise that is a massive if) they had suitablly loving & experienced carers?
When we have a day out we tend to centre it around wildie watching [emoji38] Is it just rabbits that absorb themselves in to every fibre of your being? If I had cats or dogs or guineapigs or pigeons would I feel the same ?(genuine question BTW, I had multi pets as a kid but as an adult only bunnies).

I have chinchilla, doggy and two hamsters and I don't feel as scared of leaving them.

I think bunnies are more of a worry because they get up to things they shouldn't and can turn poorly or get stressed very easily. Why do we do this to ourselves

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

When we have a day out we tend to centre it around wildie watching :lol: Is it just rabbits that absorb themselves in to every fibre of your being? If I had cats or dogs or guineapigs or pigeons would I feel the same ?(genuine question BTW, I had multi pets as a kid but as an adult only bunnies).

Yes, I think I should start taking things a bit easier and if there were lovely homes I would be happy to let them go. There is a lady down the lane and she has a passion for cats. She has nearly 20 and they have a big room and enclosures in the garden. No roaming about. The donkey lady had a passion for Donkeys.

Back