Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ludo has relapsed U/D A miracle!

Oh no 😔 Lots more vibes for Ludo and hugs for you xxx

Thoughts are with you and Ludo x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Banned

My thoughts are still with you Suzie, and my Inbox open if you want to PM.

Sending hugs xx

He's not only still with us he's almost recovered 😯😯

Yesterday evening he suddenly got up, groomed and ate the dandelions I offered him. He then went for two long free ranging sessions round the house, came back, watched Bake Off the Professionals and ate some hay.

I got up in the night to make sure he didn't lose the encouragement he needed and this morning he seems almost 100%. In fact I've cancelled his vet appointment (can always make another one until 7pm if needed!).

I'm wondering if the vet gave him the other painkiller... not metacam but the other one whose name I forget and forgot to mention it. I forgot to pick up the invoice listing every drug on it to check. Anyway he's had it twice before and makes him look dead and then resurrect a few hours later. I'll ring them later and ask...

It's a miracle anyway!

Wise Old Thumper

Wonderful news

And well done Nicky for thinking that this was a possibility

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    He's not only still with us he's almost recovered 😯😯

Yesterday evening he suddenly got up, groomed and ate the dandelions I offered him. He then went for two long free ranging sessions round the house, came back, watched Bake Off the Professionals and ate some hay.

I got up in the night to make sure he didn't lose the encouragement he needed and this morning he seems almost 100%. In fact I've cancelled his vet appointment (can always make another one until 7pm if needed!).

I'm wondering if the vet gave him the other painkiller... not metacam but the other one whose name I forget and forgot to mention it. I forgot to pick up the invoice listing every drug on it to check. Anyway he's had it twice before and makes him look dead and then resurrect a few hours later. I'll ring them later and ask...

It's a miracle anyway!

Yes I think you are right - the vet most likely gave him Vetergesic (Buprenorphine) which can make rabbits incredibly sleepy. I thought of this after reading Nickybunny's post on here and I believe she is right

It's exactly the effect of those meds and I have to be careful whenever a vet says they are going to give it as I know the after effects can be devastating.

It sounds like Ludo has had a lovely little rest whilst putting you through purgatory.

Love to you and the little man

Wise Old Thumper

This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Ludo xx

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Wonderful news

And well done Nicky for thinking that this was a possibility
    Yes, I didn't see this before, Nicky may very well be right.
    I'll ring the vet later when it's not Monday morning and find out what he had.

Mama Doe

Yay !!! I'm soo happy to read this update!! You both were in my thoughts first thing. Good boy Ludo !!

My buns had to have vetergesic over the years at various times so I have seen this reaction alot where they are very sleepy but sometimes they do need the extra pain relief. If you are not familiar with using vetergesic it can be scary.
    Last edited by nickybunny1; 18-06-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Brilliant news - hope the little guy continues to feel well. You must be so happy and relieved. Xx