• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guide to Taming bunnies

lilcr

New Kit
Hello

New here and collected yesterday two baby buns.

They seem pretty friendly always coming to the front of the hutch as we approach.

Is there any go to guide for taming bunnies?

I have read such conflicting advice online ie. leave them for two weeks before attempting to lift them out of cage/pick them up from day 1.

Is there a go to guide for taming baby buns?

Thanks in advance.

Just be patient and gentle. Give them lots of time to get used to you and their new surroundings then they will start to trust you. If you want to go into their hutch don't put your hand in quickly but slowly so they don't get frightened and talk quietly to them. It's good they are not alone as they will feel more confident having company.

Thanks for your advice, we keep going to the hutch and giving them grass which they love, they are happy to be stroked so we'll keep up on that for a while.

Yep so a couple of blades each each time we approach the hutch.

At leafy greens from 16 weeks is what we were told?

When I got my buns I spent a lot of time the first few days just pottering about in their hutch and sitting by them talking (neighbours probably thought I was a right weirdo!) Just so they were more used to me being around before I really stroked them but defo encourage handling, my one is pretty good as I have to keep picking him up to put him in the outdoor run each day but the other I don't have to pick up at all and she defo dislikes it - so I messed up there :O

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I guess its all trial and error. I am dreading the vet visit tomorrow :(

Saw your post about too many toys - this is so me!

I guess its all trial and error. I am dreading the vet visit tomorrow :(

Saw your post about too many toys - this is so me!
I know, real world problems haha!

If it helps your rabbits will not feel the injections, I hate them so look away but yeah it's just another excuse to give them extra snuggles after!

Yup!

What can I spoil them with tomorrow when we get home to take away my guilt? (they are only 8.5 weeks) Not quite into snuggles/treats yet!

Did you notice any lethargic/unusual behaviour or anything after vaccines?

I remember Ralph being a bit off after but he disliked going to the vets in the first place so unsure whether it was the jab or the journey. He was fine after a sleep. Luna on the other hand took it all in her stride and was totally normal, if it was me I would have sulked like Ralph!

Yes please do :)

Ralph is the chocolate otter and Luna is the Smokey doe

Currently bonding them atm as well which is going good!
f449701c6d24d50978020ecc02f2d4f6.jpg
cdef782b469087f98de9a828cdd65cff.jpg
bb240a02371ed92c5f4d3e789dab5fdf.jpg
5de8e61eeba5f58c15e9e521f944af74.jpg
474fb68d7d9671d46a98292d7ae17ba4.jpg

Yes please do :)

Ralph is the chocolate otter and Luna is the Smokey doe

Currently bonding them atm as well which is going good!
f449701c6d24d50978020ecc02f2d4f6.jpg
cdef782b469087f98de9a828cdd65cff.jpg
bb240a02371ed92c5f4d3e789dab5fdf.jpg
5de8e61eeba5f58c15e9e521f944af74.jpg
474fb68d7d9671d46a98292d7ae17ba4.jpg

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back