• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many toys should a bunny have?

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
I spent a fortune the other day on hay and toys. I have given a couple to the buns but didn't want them destroying everything straight away so put the rest aside.

Should I however just give them loads and reorder next time what they destroy quickly or just stick to a couple, take them out and replace with something different if they lose interest in them, just trying to prevent any boredom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I spent a fortune the other day on hay and toys. I have given a couple to the buns but didn't want them destroying everything straight away so put the rest aside.

Should I however just give them loads and reorder next time what they destroy quickly or just stick to a couple, take them out and replace with something different if they lose interest in them, just trying to prevent any boredom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I got storage draws of different toys. I get around three out per bunny and rotate. Unless they have a favourite. They like things to destroy rather than throwy things like willow balls. Oh and tunnels. Tunnels are lots of fun

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Mine have forage, wicker tubes with treats in and cardboard boxes to entertain them. Wicker balls are good but dont seem to last long!

I reakon that changing their toys regularly is a great idea.

Mine have favourites: giant willow balls to throw and chew! They use tunnels all the time to get places so we stopped giving them other ones. They have sticks to chew (and throw, and get stuck on) all the time as part of their forage. If I find a plant pot has broken I give it to them too, as they like to throw them around :) They do have two jingly balls each (big one in the house, small one in the run) which they're not massively fussed about. They're partial to these, although they're a bit big to use them so they look like turtles :) I also have a couple of wicker bins and the large playsticks things. But I have to keep a steady supply of destructible balls for them, as well as hay cookies!

Mine have a large cardboard box (hoover sized) and balls. The box lasts approx 2 weeks. I cut a small hole in either side and the boys work really hard at making the holes bigger and digging "windows" into the box. They also have those green plastic bunny tubes but only Cuthbert uses them.

My two have lots of things to destroy each week, there's these natural balls made of different materials, they like them. Willow rings or tubes etc. The baskets with all the stuff in them, like seagrass, loofah, lots of other things too. Hay cookies are a big hit and those forage boxes, they also get daily apple sticks which are destroyed [emoji38] anything seagrass and Idk if they're actually any good but there's these peppers in pets at home which you attach to bars Idk what they're made of but they go mad for them and can destroy one in a couple of days so I have a supply of them [emoji14] [emoji38]

I think just provide maybe a few things to destroy at a time? Depends on your bunnies, some aren't destructive, my two will inflict war on a kitchen roll tube [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back