• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit dies in fire :-(

I think its good also to have pets used to and comfortable with being put in carriers to make it easier in case of emergency. If they're freaking out and trying to run away it would be no easy task even if you had plenty of time.

It freaks me out when I set the alarms off so the buns must find it unbearable.
Except for my little deaf bun who never moves a muscle ..

Yea mine freak out too! It's so loud. Ben was thumping like mad when ours went off for no reason earlier this year. They can do that if batteries need replacing I think.

Maybe you could buy a few soft carriers as although not ideal for rabbits can squash down for storage. Just for piece of mind?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

That's a thought Loobers :wave:

I've been working on plans of how to get them out of windows and keeping them safe in the front garden etc ..

That's a thought Loobers :wave:

I've been working on plans of how to get them out of windows and keeping them safe in the front garden etc ..
I have been looking at fire extinguishers and pet oxygen masks :D

I never considered fire extinguishers but actually that could be useful. (The small size ones?)

I have been looking at fire extinguishers and pet oxygen masks :D

I never considered fire extinguishers but actually that could be useful. (The small size ones?)

I always have a small size fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen cupboard.

I think its good also to have pets used to and comfortable with being put in carriers to make it easier in case of emergency. If they're freaking out and trying to run away it would be no easy task even if you had plenty of time.

Yea mine freak out too! It's so loud. Ben was thumping like mad when ours went off for no reason earlier this year. They can do that if batteries need replacing I think.

They make a little beeping sound when the batteries are going. At least mine do :D

I had a lovely old neighbour in my previous house and she used to come round a lot. The smoke alarm was beeping and she said with a smile 'There's a little bird in here' She was 90+ if she was a day :)

Back