Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Rabbit dies in fire :-(

  1. #21
    Wise Old Thumper William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    14,465

    Default

    I think its good also to have pets used to and comfortable with being put in carriers to make it easier in case of emergency. If they're freaking out and trying to run away it would be no easy task even if you had plenty of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It freaks me out when I set the alarms off so the buns must find it unbearable.
    Except for my little deaf bun who never moves a muscle ..
    Yea mine freak out too! It's so loud. Ben was thumping like mad when ours went off for no reason earlier this year. They can do that if batteries need replacing I think.

  2. #22
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    36,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Maybe you could buy a few soft carriers as although not ideal for rabbits can squash down for storage. Just for piece of mind?

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    That's a thought Loobers

    I've been working on plans of how to get them out of windows and keeping them safe in the front garden etc ..
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  3. #23
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    That's a thought Loobers

    I've been working on plans of how to get them out of windows and keeping them safe in the front garden etc ..
    I have been looking at fire extinguishers and pet oxygen masks

    I never considered fire extinguishers but actually that could be useful. (The small size ones?)

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie

  4. #24
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    36,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I have been looking at fire extinguishers and pet oxygen masks

    I never considered fire extinguishers but actually that could be useful. (The small size ones?)

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    I always have a small size fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen cupboard.
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  5. #25
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    36,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I think its good also to have pets used to and comfortable with being put in carriers to make it easier in case of emergency. If they're freaking out and trying to run away it would be no easy task even if you had plenty of time.



    Yea mine freak out too! It's so loud. Ben was thumping like mad when ours went off for no reason earlier this year. They can do that if batteries need replacing I think.

    They make a little beeping sound when the batteries are going. At least mine do

    I had a lovely old neighbour in my previous house and she used to come round a lot. The smoke alarm was beeping and she said with a smile 'There's a little bird in here' She was 90+ if she was a day
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •