• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bothy

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
We've been working on the back yard to make it nicer for us & more fun for the bunnies. We bought loads of reclaimed stones & OH has built a series of raised beds, seating / storage area & what we have affectionately & inaccurately named bunny bothy.

The lower bothy level is designed to be cool, we kept the floor as stone & the sun can't shine directly in . Once their herb garden (focusing on edible treats that also repel flies) is in it should be dappled light. Upside has a wood floor accessed by a ramp & has brighter light. Entrance & exit points are on the top & bottom left; they have been made tunnel like & will be covered in foilage which I'm hoping will deter neighbours cats. Roof can be held open by fastening on the wall so they can go open air if they chose:lol:

Its just a bolt hole / chill out zone for when we are all playing out. Boo spooks outside & whilst likes adventuring out there she can't relax. Hoping the bothy will help. Can't wait to get the flower beds around it filled

a2bcuhMm.jpg
3nlNBiAm.jpg
- ace also for drying forage

ofPwtG6m.jpg
k4czzzQm.jpg

6PND4QSm.jpg

We've been working on the back yard to make it nicer for us & more fun for the bunnies. We bought loads of reclaimed stones & OH has built a series of raised beds, seating / storage area & what we have affectionately & inaccurately named bunny bothy.

The lower bothy level is designed to be cool, we kept the floor as stone & the sun can't shine directly in . Once their herb garden (focusing on edible treats that also repel flies) is in it should be dappled light. Upside has a wood floor accessed by a ramp & has brighter light. Entrance & exit points are on the top & bottom left; they have been made tunnel like & will be covered in foilage which I'm hoping will deter neighbours cats. Roof can be held open by fastening on the wall so they can go open air if they chose:lol:

Its just a bolt hole / chill out zone for when we are all playing out. Boo spooks outside & whilst likes adventuring out there she can't relax. Hoping the bothy will help. Can't wait to get the flower beds around it filled

a2bcuhMm.jpg
[/IMG]
3nlNBiAm.jpg
- ace also for drying forage

ofPwtG6m.jpg
[/IMG]
k4czzzQm.jpg
[/IMG]

6PND4QSm.jpg
[/IMG]

Boo in her Bothy :love:

That looks absolutely stunning!
What a fantastic idea. A bolthole, cool and of course loads of food 'just in case' ... :D

Thanks! Boo sussed it out quickly. The other 2 are more interested in the rest of the yard & new digging zones since they've been kept inside for a month

Owwww I can't see the pictures

There is always one that can't see the pictures!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I see them now. That looks really good and lots of nomable fun. Boo is clever

Thank You.

I'm a little annoyed with Joey who sprayed Boo with pee twice in the yard this evening. poor lamb has orangey red streaks which i thought was blood at first.Lots of binkies from J&B tonight & Mousepie had a little dig :love:

aww Thank You. Joey & Mouse are not as yet that interested but Boo loves it. She had a little spook in the yard & ran straight in so thats working out perfectly. She likes to sit in the top bit & be fed blackcurrant leaves through the wire. I hope the others use it as a sanctuary eventually too

Its been really hot & they all spent the majority of the afternoon in the downstairs section. Really impressed with Mouse who has finally learnt her way in & out:love: All in all its a success.

I would like to come play In the bunny bothy

Its a tight fit for hoomans Loobers? We know as up until today we've had to get in there to get Mousey out :lol: You can come & play beck side foraging with me instead

Feeling guilty about not letting the buns out for several days (its been too hot during the day then theres been football in the evening). Made the effort tonight but I dont know why I bothered. All straight in the bothy, no exercising, no eating the marigolds, lavender & herbs, no digging. Joey just stares at me like a caged beast through the chicken wire, boo naps (top left) & Mouse feasts (bottom section)

jxvLewbl.jpg

Back