• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Racks

C9FAL

Young Bun
Hi all,

What kind of things do you all put your bunnies hay in? We use hay racks but they can get really messy as the hay just falls out from the pen.

Looking for some new idea's for when we move house.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some good ideas (particularly mine :lol:) on a recent similar thread. If you position an underbed storage type litter under it will catch alot of the mess

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?470562-Ideas-for-hay-feeder-please!&highlight=hay+rack

unless you have a Boo :lol:

it0F9hd.jpg

I’ve used a metal cd rack before, and also a large chrome overdoor storage basket, that I made a lid for. I also feed hay from little troughs - aka loaf tins that I bought from the charity shop.

The main thing is to make sure they can’t jump or climb into them and that the bars are not too widely spaced to get their head stuck in them, I’ve heard too many tragic stories about rabbits getting stuck in hay racks :cry:

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will also have a look at the link posted [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I use magazine racks next to 32 litre underbed storage boxes.

2z8qd5w.jpg

2vjd1q8.jpg
Do the buns ever chew the magazine rack? I see them at car boots and think they are a good idea but not sure if they are safe If they nibble?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back