Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abscess

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Obviously it's impossible to be certain from looking at a photo, but all the wounds do look to be healing. I'd pop back to the Vet today and ask if he/she can have a look at them again and also if the one in the final image can be cleaned up a bit more, getting rid of the mucky fur that is still attached if possible. I would ask the Vet if you should flush the wounds with sterile saline daily and then plug them with manuka honey. The wound in image 1 looks to be the deepest, a puncture wound, and this type of wound is more likely to form an abscess as they often heal over the top before the underlying tissue has healed. This can seal in bacteria, as I mentioned in a previous post.
    I do hope that Bunny will eventually heal xx
    Thanks Jane, I'll book another appointment with the vets shortly. I have been bathing wounds with salty warm water which must sting like hell as I can hear Spudsey grinding her teeth Image one is actually the abscess, but it doesn't look like it from the angle I have taken the photo. The final image is the deep one at the back which I smothered with manuka honey a couple of days ago which is probably why she looks mucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix Potter View Post
    Thanks Jane, I'll book another appointment with the vets shortly. I have been bathing wounds with salty warm water which must sting like hell as I can hear Spudsey grinding her teeth Image one is actually the abscess, but it doesn't look like it from the angle I have taken the photo. The final image is the deep one at the back which I smothered with manuka honey a couple of days ago which is probably why she looks mucky!
    I hope that the Vet will give all the wounds another good clean. With regards to when you flush/ bathe the wounds, if you time it to do about an hour AFTER a dose of Metacam that should help take the edge off the discomfort x

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London who always give care and compassion to both their animal clients and their human clients too.
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Good news! Spudsey has had another checkup and vet is very happy with her abscess and other wounds. All are clearing up very nicely indeed. She's got antibiotics for a few more days alongside metacam, the latter will probably be long term as vet thinks she's also got a bit of arthritis in her back legs.

Overall for an 11 year old wildie (baby pic below) she's done ok

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix Potter View Post
    Good news! Spudsey has had another checkup and vet is very happy with her abscess and other wounds. All are clearing up very nicely indeed. She's got antibiotics for a few more days alongside metacam, the latter will probably be long term as vet thinks she's also got a bit of arthritis in her back legs.
    So pleased that she is healing well now and I hope that the Metacam will keep her comfortable with regards to her arthritis XX

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London who always give care and compassion to both their animal clients and their human clients too.
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    So pleased that she is healing well now and I hope that the Metacam will keep her comfortable with regards to her arthritis XX
    Thank you

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I’m glad she is doing so well

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Iím glad she is doing so well
    Me too! She's a very hardy rabbit!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk