• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dubbs - not good :-(

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that Dubbs is having a bad day. How is he doing this evening? I bet the fireworks don't do anything to cheer him up! Give him a big hug from me and my girlies :)

As lots of people have said, u know when the time is right to let him go, it's the hardest decision in the world, I cried my eyes out when I had my sweetie Amber PTS last year but I felt a funny feeling after. A mixture of relief and sadness - relief cos u know they aren't suffering anymore and u have given them the best love and care u can, and they are now seein their old buddies in bunny heaven.

I'm dreading the time when Princess has to go, I hope I will have her for a good few months, I know it will be so hard when the time comes.

You have been a brilliant mummy for Dubbs, I'm sure he would tell you he loves you ever so much if he could talk.

Be strong and give Dubbs the nicest cuddles, however many there are left, and lots of love (as I know you are doing!)

Nicola x

Thanks everyone...you have been marvellous in your support.

Dubbs is still here, at lunchtime today (Friday) the vet was of the opinion that it wasn't time...but Dubbs seems to be getting quieter and quieter as the day has gone on. He remains in his hutch most of the time and his appetite is lessening. He came in again this evening of his own accord and we had loads of cuddles and for the first time in 9 years he snuggled up to one of my cats and the pair of them sat together on the sofa for about 20 minutes. My cat Castle would usually move away but he didn't tonight. I caught the moment on camera which will be a lovely memory to have.

Another worrying sign is that his poos are tiny, this may be due to the lump in him causing stomach discomfort, something the vet warned me about.

I'm going to see how he is in the morning and speak to my vet.

Thanks again for all your lovely words and support, it means alot.

Back