• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castration & Hormones.

jredk04

Warren Scout
i'm not sure what to expect now. Jack had the snip this week. i've read that it can take 3months for the hormones to settle down.

i know there are no 'rules' but roughly speaking, does it take the same amount of time for things to settle if a bunny's testicles have just dropped as it would do if you say, had a much older bunny done?

oh and when would it be a good time to reintroduce his teddy? (removed due to him competing with mubby in the x rated activities)

julie

I have found that some of my males stopped "male behaviour" (spraying, circling) almost immediately, others took a little longer. So I guess it is down to each individual animal.

If you do it earlier you will probably have less behaviour which is habit, and it could therefore die down quicker than a male that has been neutered when older. But there are always exceptions as well.

Vera

Older bunnies can take a very long time to get over their erges as they new they were MALE. Youngsters if done as soon as there testicals are down are much quicker because theve not quite realized their maleness. I f they are to be partnered with an un nutered doe then the behaviour will continue with the older male because the doe will still mount the buck sometimes. val

what sort of age would be as soon as possible? I want to get my 2 done but I have had varied answers from 12 weeks to 6 months!

14-16 weeks weeks for males (basically as soon as the testicals drop)

6 months for females

Tam :D

Back