• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunnies...

Maccioni

New Kit
Hello. I am new to the forum and new to rabbit owning. I would just like some advice on my bunnies, they are 10 month old brothers Lionhead/ lop eared. They were from a type of petting farm so they are very friendly. First few days we kept them in the house allowed them to run around and had a dog crate in a room for them until we got a garden hutch and now they are allowed to have the garden, and the house but the other day I noticed they were frozen solid and I saw a black cat in the garden and since then Jasper who was more adventurous hates being outside and will do anything to come inside. As soon as I open their cage in the morning they run to the back door and then he runs under the sofa where he stays all day until evening and then decides to play. His brother is not phased, he is happy outside.

Hello :wave: have you tried gently tempting him back outside with his daily food/ some veggies or u could play or feed his brother outside and see if this helps bring him out?

Also, does he have plenty of hiding places outside? It may be that after his fright he just doesn't feel safe out there if there is nowhere to hide from a cat/ predators. My Luna was scared not long along by a huge white Tom cat who was trying to get at her whilst she was in her run, luckily she had a log hide which I found her in so although she had froze in fear it meant she couldn't see the cat and he couldn't see her - though they both knew each other were there if that makes sense

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Are your boys neutered? Some rabbits are very frightened of cats and won't come out of their hutch if they think there is a cat in the garden. Cats are predators and can attack a rabbit so make sure they are safe when they go outside.

Back