• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male rabbits humping...

Hello! I have 2 older male rabbits who are brothers. They are both neutered and are not aggressive. However, one of them (Theo) humps the other one (Noah) very frequently. Theo chases him around trying to hump him everyday in the morning and late at night basically everyday. There is no other negative behaviour and Noah never does anything back just runs away. I'm not sure what to do about this... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

If you feel Theo is really bullying your other rabbit then I for one couldn't live with that. I would have to separate them. Is it possible for you to have 2 set-ups?

About thirty years ago I had a similar situation with mine. They eventually did each other real harm. Separate and neuter asap.

About thirty years ago I had a similar situation with mine. They eventually did each other real harm. Separate and neuter asap.

They are neutered hb.

Frosty always chases his brother Snowflake when it is food time. I scatter feed. No humping though. Does it seem aggressive to you? It is hard to advise without seeing the behaviour.

There is no real aggression, he just nibbles and humps and chases but no real harm is done.. He seems to hump when he feels insecure.

How long since they were neutered? Took mine ages to calm down as hormones are still in the body.

Occasionally mine still have a little disagreement but I think it’s just maintaining dominance in the relationship.

Back