Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit abandoned for dead in a cardboard box ..

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    i almost felt you were offering ThreeB's (only joking!!)
    If I had the room MM....... x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin'sMum View Post
    Sadly this is all too common. At our rescue we have rabbits in all the time that have been abandoned, one Giant famously dumped on a busy dual carriageway and picked up by refuse collection drivers from the local council. She was in a terrible state, and almost didn't make it, but after months of treatment and care was adopted by one of the vets at the practice treating her. We also had three rabbits abandoned in a local park, one was dead in a cardboard box, whether before or after being left we couldn't tell, one hopping about in the undergrowth was caught by the lady who runs the rescue with help from neighbours living near the park, and one never caught. The caught one had three enormous babies the next day after being rescued. Just last week we've had four in that have been chucked out, one large doe miscarrying who needed an emergency spay, two entire bucks and another pregnant doe who had five babies two days after being picked up. Goodness knows how many are dumped and die without being seen or caught by rescuers. One of my does, now over the bridge, was dumped with two others in local woodland.

Just as an aside, I went to pick up one of mine from my vets after being xrayed this week, to see a sign up in the waiting room advertising French Lop babies for sale. I didn't say anything, but wish I had, We certainly don't need any more rabbits in the world!

Oh dear that's so awful! I know I am always heartbroken to see rabbits come into Rescue in such a state. Some of them just can't recover from their trauma but I love a happy ending where I nurse, rehabilitate and rehome a rabbit to a lovely new life

If only these people were caught who do the terrible dumping.

And seeing French Lop babies for sale .. I agree, we don't need more rabbits, we need more caring owners
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    If I had the room MM....... x

If ever you need a helping hand .........
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340