• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit abandoned for dead in a cardboard box ..

MightyMax

Banned
http://www.thecomet.net/news/appeal-launched-after-rabbit-abandoned-in-box-near-a6-1-5553664

He looks a real smart cookie in the first photo, but was "Found at 8.30pm on May 13 by the A6 near Silsoe – north of Hexton and west of Meppershall – the rabbit was discovered by a member of public inside a taped up, soggy cardboard box".

The rabbit had been left to die in the box :(

An appeal has been launched - very unlikely the culprits will be caught, but please send vibes this chap gets a wonderful home to make up for this terrible and traumatic incident.

Last edited:
Whoever did that to the poor, beautiful rabbit was clearly a sick person :censored: So glad he was found and I hope he's able to find a loving home after such an ordeal...

Whoever did that to the poor, beautiful rabbit was clearly a sick person :censored: So glad he was found and I hope he's able to find a loving home after such an ordeal...

He must have been absolutely terrified abandoned in a box by the side of a busy road :(

What on earth is wrong with people.. And he's such a beaUtiful rabbit too - that colouring is stunning! His poor eye though :(
What is wrong with someone who could so much as consider doing something so cruel to an innocent and defenseless creature :(

Sadly this is all too common. At our rescue we have rabbits in all the time that have been abandoned, one Giant famously dumped on a busy dual carriageway and picked up by refuse collection drivers from the local council. She was in a terrible state, and almost didn't make it, but after months of treatment and care was adopted by one of the vets at the practice treating her. We also had three rabbits abandoned in a local park, one was dead in a cardboard box, whether before or after being left we couldn't tell, one hopping about in the undergrowth was caught by the lady who runs the rescue with help from neighbours living near the park, and one never caught. The caught one had three enormous babies the next day after being rescued. Just last week we've had four in that have been chucked out, one large doe miscarrying who needed an emergency spay, two entire bucks and another pregnant doe who had five babies two days after being picked up. Goodness knows how many are dumped and die without being seen or caught by rescuers. One of my does, now over the bridge, was dumped with two others in local woodland.

Just as an aside, I went to pick up one of mine from my vets after being xrayed this week, to see a sign up in the waiting room advertising French Lop babies for sale. I didn't say anything, but wish I had, We certainly don't need any more rabbits in the world!

What on earth is wrong with people.. And he's such a beaUtiful rabbit too - that colouring is stunning! His poor eye though :(
What is wrong with someone who could so much as consider doing something so cruel to an innocent and defenseless creature :(

They must have had a compassion by-pass :(

Sadly this is all too common. At our rescue we have rabbits in all the time that have been abandoned, one Giant famously dumped on a busy dual carriageway and picked up by refuse collection drivers from the local council. She was in a terrible state, and almost didn't make it, but after months of treatment and care was adopted by one of the vets at the practice treating her. We also had three rabbits abandoned in a local park, one was dead in a cardboard box, whether before or after being left we couldn't tell, one hopping about in the undergrowth was caught by the lady who runs the rescue with help from neighbours living near the park, and one never caught. The caught one had three enormous babies the next day after being rescued. Just last week we've had four in that have been chucked out, one large doe miscarrying who needed an emergency spay, two entire bucks and another pregnant doe who had five babies two days after being picked up. Goodness knows how many are dumped and die without being seen or caught by rescuers. One of my does, now over the bridge, was dumped with two others in local woodland.

Just as an aside, I went to pick up one of mine from my vets after being xrayed this week, to see a sign up in the waiting room advertising French Lop babies for sale. I didn't say anything, but wish I had, We certainly don't need any more rabbits in the world!

Oh dear that's so awful! I know I am always heartbroken to see rabbits come into Rescue in such a state. Some of them just can't recover from their trauma but I love a happy ending where I nurse, rehabilitate and rehome a rabbit to a lovely new life :D

If only these people were caught who do the terrible dumping.

And seeing French Lop babies for sale .. I agree, we don't need more rabbits, we need more caring owners :love:

Back