• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some advice needed re excess cecals (I think)?

Oh I'm so glad to read this :D and gosh she's soooo cute [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The Vet phoned me just after she'd received a reply from her uni tutor in London (nice to know they're looking into it and talking to other vets) and mentioned gradually introducing Luna back to pellets now. How gradual is gradually?

She recommended Burgess Dual Care and VetCarePlus Digestive Health Formula. Has anyone heard of these or have experience of them?

Luna is still doing okay, still sprightly in herself and although she has had a few more piles since my last post they are still much smaller in quantity.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Vet phoned me just after she'd received a reply from her uni tutor in London (nice to know they're looking into it and talking to other vets) and mentioned gradually introducing Luna back to pellets now. How gradual is gradually?

She recommended Burgess Dual Care and VetCarePlus Digestive Health Formula. Has anyone heard of these or have experience of them?

Luna is still doing okay, still sprightly in herself and although she has had a few more piles since my last post they are still much smaller in quantity.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Did your vet not give an indication as to how gradual she meant? I think I would contact her and ask her advice. You don't want Luna to start having problems again. Gracie might have a suggestion based on how she handled this aspect with Atticus.

I've often bought the VetCare Digestive Health Formula for my rabbits. In my view they are extremely similar to FibaFirst in shape and ingredients, but are not quite as crumbly. One of my rabbits prefers the tast of the VetCare one to FibaFirst, which is why I sometimes get it.

Did your vet not give an indication as to how gradual she meant? I think I would contact her and ask her advice. You don't want Luna to start having problems again. Gracie might have a suggestion based on how she handled this aspect with Atticus.

I've often bought the VetCare Digestive Health Formula for my rabbits. In my view they are extremely similar to FibaFirst in shape and ingredients, but are not quite as crumbly. One of my rabbits prefers the tast of the VetCare one to FibaFirst, which is why I sometimes get it.

If you're not sure I'd agree to contact your vet, also agree with Omi about the vet care sticks :) I actually bought them for Atticus after I think MightyMax and my vet suggested them, but they made him worse unfortunately - Clementine ate them though so all was good [emoji38]

What I did was literally a couple of pellets a day as a treat, whenever I saw him - and slowly built it up til maybe he was getting 10 pellets a day? If it messed with him I reduced the amount again - he's now on half an egg cup a day roughly I give a bowl with an egg cup in to Atticus and Clementine and they just eat about half each now :) but I think I gave him two pellets the first time he had them again and kept that up for a week before I gave more (Idk if I was over cautious, he was just so so ill and I wanted him to be able to tolerate a few a day if nothing else just so he was getting a good diet) I did the same with veggies eventually, I never thought he'd be able to eat veg again, but he manages broccoli, kale, spinach, watercress, rocket and a few different herbs everyday without it upsetting him now :) just took months to get there, I felt very guilty for a while 'depriving' him of veg, but he went a few months without it and then we were able to build back up to it.

I wish I knew what was really wrong with Atticus like I'm sure you do with Luna :( it's one of those things which is hard to figure out and test for, so managing it is as far as I've got honestly x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back