• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Back from the vets....Dubbs update

lindac

Warren Scout
Well, back from the vets...Double has lost a bit of weight, he now weighs 1.95k as opposed to the 2k he weighed two weeks ago. His cancer apparently doesn't seem to have grown...however, his kidney doesn't feel too good, all lumpy apparently. Same goes for his liver.

Dubb's lessened appetite might be down to nausea caused by the Metacam so i have been given some Metoclopramide to relieve any nausea he might be feeling. I have also been given a second pain killer called Vetergesic to administer. He doesn't seem in pain though, just a bit quieter and a slightly lessened appetite...he still wolfs down food as soon as he is given it, just not as much as before.

So anyway...basically if he reacts well to the anti-nausea drug then it means something in addition to the cancer is making him feel sick. Possibly the lumpy kidney and/or any pressure the cancer might be exerting on his other organs. Either way, its not good...The vet has told me she wants to see us on Tuesday as she is very concerned for Dubbs...she said that we should prepare for the inevitable. She doesn't think the cancer will kill Dubbs as its not growing much, she thinks his body will shut down first...

I think she has basically given me the extra medicine today to make Dubbs final days a good as she can...

:(

btw - if ayone has any knowledge or experience of how these two new drugs will affect my little boy any info would be appreciated. he is still taking metacam too.

Oh I do not know what to say, except I am so, so sorry to hear this news re your gorgoeus Dubbs :? ..we are sending you a huge hug and wish you and Dubbs all the very best over the coming days, you are in our thoughts.

Love Adele and all the cheeky rabbits

Sorry to learn of your sad news, what a difficult time this must be for you and Dubbs :(
Sending lots of hugs to you both.

I am really sorry to hear this news, my heart goes out to you Lindac and your lovely Dubbs bunny boy. He really is a beautiful boy.

So sorry to hear about Dubbs :(
I will be thinking of you at this difficult time, at least you have the chance to make the next days special for him.

Back