• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

Just placed an order but they seem to have run out of the non stalkly hay. Never ordered the stalky version before so we’ll see how this one goes down.

I really hope they don’t run out of hay anytime soon or I’m buggered.

If i remember rightly they didn’t make the first cut until May last year and that was early for them.

A 9kg bag used to last a month with 4 buns but now I’ve got 5 it’s gone down to only lasting 3 weeks tops.

They just love the stuff and the trio scoff it like it’s on offer :roll: I wish it was [emoji38]
Mine love the stalky hay I wouldn't worry!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Is anybun finding unusual things in there hay? I am finding huge Pine cones, weird leafs even one batch had some sort of climbing weed all wrapped around the hay so I had to put the whole bag in the compost. This is unusual for timothy hay - I'm even finding bulb plants in there. I have found this in the past four bags I ordered

Is anybun finding unusual things in there hay? I am finding huge Pine cones, weird leafs even one batch had some sort of climbing weed all wrapped around the hay so I had to put the whole bag in the compost. This is unusual for timothy hay - I'm even finding bulb plants in there. I have found this in the past four bags I ordered

I've found nothing unusual here. I would let them know that you've had to throw a whole bag away, not just to complain, but to give them feedback, which I'm sure they would appreciate.

I’ve never had anything unusual in it, as Omi said, I would contact them to tell them, I would expect replacements to be honest, in that situation

No never! I'll be looking more.. Definitely let them know!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I didn't mention it because we love there stuff and wouldn't want them to think of us as a moany customer

I didn't mention it because we love there stuff and wouldn't want them to think of us as a moany customer

I feel the same about them and wouldn't want them to think of me as being moany either. However, I do think that they would prefer to know about this as then they can maybe do something to stop it happening. If it happened to some other people they would not be so forgiving and would just stop using them. Then they've lost a customer, plus that person might also influence other people. So it's in the company's best interests to be told about these things.

It's not as though you regularly complain and they will know this.

I feel the same about them and wouldn't want them to think of me as being moany either. However, I do think that they would prefer to know about this as then they can maybe do something to stop it happening. If it happened to some other people they would not be so forgiving and would just stop using them. Then they've lost a customer, plus that person might also influence other people. So it's in the company's best interests to be told about these things.

It's not as though you regularly complain and they will know this.

I agree with this :thumb:

I also agree with Omi. I often get in touch with suppliers to say just FYI / no action required, x amount of jars arrived broken for eg. Weird you're getting all these things in it though, I've found nothing, ever (hoping it stays that way). Order due Monday - I'll let you know if anything untoward turns up

I've read this whole thread looking for how to open a sack properly. Omi can you please post an instructional vid on youtube?

You cut the threads near the bag on one end, then try pulling at the loose threads one by one. If none unravel the stitching easily, you try again on the threads at the other end of the bag!

I've read this whole thread looking for how to open a sack properly. Omi can you please post an instructional vid on youtube?

Haha, way beyond my capabilities I'm afraid :lol:

However, it really is so simple. The bag is sealed with a line of machined white cotton stitching with spare threads at each end. Cut the spare threads off at both ends. At one end, and it doesn't work for both ends so you have to try both, just by pulling one of the pieces of cotton, the whole line of machining will unravel.

I just butcher it open with scissors then desperately search through the hay for any fallen stringy bits

Haha, way beyond my capabilities I'm afraid [emoji38]

However, it really is so simple. The bag is sealed with a line of machined white cotton stitching with spare threads at each end. Cut the spare threads off at both ends. At one end, and it doesn't work for both ends so you have to try both, just by pulling one of the pieces of cotton, the whole line of machining will unravel.
This is what we do! :) just comes off

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back